Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Oldstuff78's Avatar
Oldstuff78 Oldstuff78 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TN
Posts: 127
Roundies

I have a question about Roundies. Was 1965 the last year for ALL Color sets to be round before the introduction of Rectangular Color Picture Tubes ? I noticed the sales brochure for Zenith in 1965 were all Round sets and the Ad's I have seen for Admiral & RCA are roundies also.

I bought that 1965 French provincial Zenith Roundie that the guy had for sale up in WI a couple months ago on eBay. I said I wasn't interested to begin with, but I'm eating crow because I couldn't resist it. It's the same TV as in my Avatar, but I don't think it has Space Command 600, even though the sales brochure says it does.

I'm waiting for the guy to take it down to Doug in IL. I hope things work out. I took a chance on buying it, but Doug knows the guy and Zenithfan1 got his combo from him, so he has a good reputation for being honest.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.