Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
N9ZQA's Avatar
N9ZQA N9ZQA is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Joliet, Illinois
Posts: 161
Yeah - I would imagine that the B+ would hurt more than the voltages around the flyback - you've got much more current available there, probably a good couple hundred milliamps or so. The flyback and yoke section is good for RF burns though; I think that was the reason for the green spark I saw.

Back when I was young(er) and dumb(er) I had a 4-tube Zenith hybrid that had been worked on quite a bit. The back was misplaced somewhere along the line and I used the set as a bedroom TV for quite some time. For a while, I had a few turns of wire wrapped around the 2nd anode lead that ran to a fluorescent tube - great nightlight... This set also taught me about the neon lamp test for high voltage. Now that I think about it, it amazes me that I never got zapped from that set, what with all of the exposed solder cones and what not.

I know I popped the belfuse a couple times by accidentally dropping the antenna lead onto the chassis. Foolishly, I traded the set to someone who wanted a color TV. I haven't seen one since then, and that was almost 20 years ago.

-Jim
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.