Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 AM
EchoWars's Avatar
EchoWars EchoWars is offline
Once Ran Amok in Kent
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 81
Sony Tuner Rebuild

Hi guys!

I have a early 90's Sony KV27-EXR10 set with a flaky tuner. Simply loses the channel intermittently. Video and sound are both fine from the composite and S-Video connector, and I had been using an old VCR as a tuner to alleviate the problem.

Anyway, I want to get the tuner running properly, so I've ripped the chassis apart and pulled out the tuner (Sony BTP-202, part #1-465-384-11). I see several places that 'rebuild' these for pretty cheap prices (as an aside, a 'rebuild' seems a dubious labeling, since there's not much more than a lot of small coils, surface-mount resistors and possibly caps and diodes, and two whole IC chips).

I don't know who to trust...these old CRT units aren't worth squat, so I'm trying to keep it fairly cheap, but I still want it done right. Is there someplace that any of you trust to see that I get a good, functional, and trustworthy part back?

Thanks!
__________________
In battle, in forest, at the precipice in the mountains,
On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows,
In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame,
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.
--Bhagavad-Gita
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.