Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
dr.ido's Avatar
dr.ido dr.ido is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Bad Philips CRTs.

Lately I've been having a bad run of Philips A68ESF002X11 CRTs. I don't know what other sets used them, but these have all been in various Loewe sets (Profil 3272, Profil Plus 3472, Calida 5072).

I accumulated a bulk lot various Loewe sets. So far after repairing 3 I find the CRT is bad or goes bad within a short period of time. So far 2 have developed a shorted red gun (one intermittant), on the other the green gun is shorted.

Has anyone else encountered this or is it just a freaky coincidence?

It's quite frustating as I'm now less inclined to bother with the 4 sets I've yet to look at (including an Art 1 that I was looking forward to getting running).

I don't have a CRT tester so all I can do is hook a suspect CRT upto a good chassis and wait. I though I'd finally found a good one, but it only lasted a few days before the same short appeared.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.