![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
1989 Jvc
Happy New Year's everyone!
I was given a very nice July 1989 JVC Master Command 3, Model C-2019. I haven't spent much time with this set, but I already like it. It's a 20" Model with a square-edge tube. It has an awesome High End 80's Electronics look, I don't know how to describe it but I love the looks of this set. I was lucky enough to be given the original remote. It's made in USA, the plastic was molded here and the tube was made here. I truly hit the jackpot with this set, IMHO. The 27" Zenith I had fixed before didn't fit in the little cubby hole were my old 13" was, so I had to have the TV on the floor. My mom was always complaining about how it was just laying there and I haven't watched that much TV lately since it's a pain in the posterior to drag it out of it's corner and plug it in. This JVC fits the little cubby hole perfectly, almost completely fills the space. My only complaint is that it has no A/V in, just the tuner, but I mostly just watch cable so no problems there. The tube is very strong, very bright, clear, colorful picture. There's only one problem, whenever it's on, there's a VERY loud buzzing sound coming from inside. I've only had it on for about 20 seconds because I don't want whatever's bad inside to blow and take out other stuff with it. The sound seems to be coming from around the flyback area, but I can't really tell if it's the Fly. The image on the screen is good, but there's a lot of static (like the type that shocks you, the actual picture is fine). There's these four little weird white formations, 4 appear in the picture when the TV is on, and they are definitely not part of the raster. They look like static buildup, no pics sorry. Any suggestions? There's no schematic on eserviceinfo.com, and a google search shows nothing. Anybody got a Sam's on this set? Hopefully it's not the fly. The buzzing is very loud and sounds like a motor, could the fly do that but the set still has a decent picture? Also about the Sony computer monitor on my other thread.... I will be ordering the HOT in a few days, right now I don't want to start working on it yet, so update on that in a week or two. Thanks, -karmaman Last edited by karmaman; 01-06-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Capitalization error |
|
|