Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
1966 Magnaxox combo flyback

Hey guys, well I checked the emission of all the tubes in this set tonight. The tv is a 8/66 model. The chassis is a U9109 BB Chassis. I had a visual on the Flyback the other night before I powered it up. It looked normal with a small puddle of wax under it. I had it powered on a variac and the set came up. ran it for about an hour. I failed to check the 3A3. Well, it started to act up, the horiz on the left started to shrink and the raster got dimmer, kind of like a HV drop. Well I pulled the cover on the Flyback tonight, there is a build up of wax going up to the flyback from the base of the HV cage, it obviously is getting hot, the 3A3 read into the question mark area, thus it is bad.. Could this bad 3A3 cause the flyback to overheat? Or would this be a capacitor issue? Im stumped, I dont even want to power it back on to check Anode voltage before I can verify what caused the flyback to overheat...
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.