Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brennan
Hell, the problem isn't the picture or sound quality, that's often quite good.
It's the other goddam patrons; chattering as though they're at home, smacking away on nachos and slurping on cokes in 55 gallon drums, putzing around with their cell phones and just acting like assholes in general. A major breakdown in civility and the social contract. And when you try to quiet these self-centered louts they act the aggrieved party.
What shows need is what they used to have---ushers with the authority to shitcan people. If I ran a picture show I'd hire an off-duty copper as an usher, then if anybody gave him any monkey business he could pinch them for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
That's what Jam Productions, a rock promoter I used to work as a bouncer for, used to do; thay always had a couple of off-duty coppers around. People that were thrown out were often arrested as a legal CYA (cover your ass) procedure.
I'd patronize a show that had a policy of keeping people in order. As it is I seldom go out to the pictures anymore.
|
Tom, Very well put, we tell our adult patrons to notify any of the staff members of any disruptive customers, disruptors get one warning and get thrown out the door with no refund if they don't heed the warning. Seldom does it resort to escorting people out, luckily one warning usually does the job.
__________________
11-Altec A7(515/802/511B/N501),Model 19(416/802/811B/N1201),Model 18(604-8H),604-8G,8K,604C,604E,Model 9,EV Interface D,LT12,Koss CM1030.
Soundcraftsmen MA5002,MA5002A,Pro-Power3.
Toshiba SD5700(8),SD4700(4),SD3750(9).
RCA 10 band EQ w/expander(3).
HK Citation 25(2),Mac C27,1700.
Marantz 2270(3),4300,2285B,2325,2226,2230,2240,2245,2250.
Lafayette LR1500TA(2),Allied 395(3),Pioneer SX1010,850.
|