Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Sequel Exceeds 1st Installment (List)

I'll start -

Bourne Supremacy

IMO, the 1st, Bourne Identity, was fairly forgettable to me. One scene rushed into another and a lot of stuff in-between. When it finally grinds to a halt & the credits roll, I was not left wondering. In fact, I didn't think much about it at all. So, along comes the sequel as the first was commercially successful enough to get someone's notice and it seemed to me a completely different film altogether. So much so that I had to check & see if the same director was involved, (he was)!

I am not a huge Matt Damon fan. The way he was in "The Departed" is pretty much the performance he turns in everytime. But, not here. In the first film to me he never really owned the role whereas in the second he is Jason Bourne. The film does have a relentless pace but it also has something else, a tight plot. Damon does a terrific job as coming across not only as a trained killer but as a man slowly coming to grips with whom he is as well as the desire to stay alive and get even. Apparently Damon can act when required to do so and quite convincingly too. Even in its chopped up, cable movie form it holds my interest.

Any sequels for you that exceed the first in the series?
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.