![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Found a 1968 Motorola color console
Found this TV for free in chicago craigslist yesterday. The guy simply said in his ad "3 old TV's for free, motorola, zenith and panasonic" I drove out to Evergreen Park after work today and took a look. Found this Nice tube type motorola 20" mini console color set. Dated July of 1968 on the chassis. Motos are the hardest of the popular brands to find. In all my years of going to garage and estate sales looking for old TV's (15 years) this is only the second motorola tube type color set I found.
It works but the tube is shot. Havn't attempted to heat up the cathodes yet though. It was sitting in the basement all by itself on a tile floor. Everything in the house was cleaned out but the 3 TV's. The guy wanted to throw them out but his wife suggested craigslist before they got brought into the alley. The other 2 sets were nothing too interesting, but I took them anyway. 1983 panasonic color console and 1975 zenith b/w solid state console. Those sets have burnt up CRT's too. I wonder if the moto was replaced by the panasonic in '83? Could a motorola last for 15 years of service? Original CRT in the moto too. |
|
|