Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-18-2004, 08:26 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
whats the real story on HDTV?

Im curious as to the HDTV start up thing. I know there are a transmitted signals already, but will analog actually be shut down at a certian date? Here is what I read on "howstuffworks.com"

"Currently, the FCC rules state the start-up of digital broadcasts and phase-out of analog broadcasts in 2006. Right now, there aren't that many stations broadcasting. As we get closer to 2006, however, your current analog television set will either have to be replaced or you will need to buy some sort of set-top box for converting the digital signal."

I cant immagine in 2 years analog transmitter will simply shut down. Anybody really know the real story? I hope CATV never shuts down, half the fun in watching these sets is flicking through the channels and adjusting the rabbit ears. (I only watch CATV) Watching TV on channel 3 through a cable box is not the same.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.