Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Sony rare KV-8000 eBay miracle find!

I found this KV-8000 on eBay last month, and won it for $26... The seller had poor photos, showing an awful picture that looked like a bad CRT. PLUS, they said nothing about the condition of the set physically.

So I bid on it, thinking it would be better than not having one at all, even though it appeared to be in mediocre shape. Today it came, and SURPRISE OF THE BEST KIND!!! The TV is in 100% flawless, out-of-the store mint condition! And the CRT is also like new. Original cord with original warning tag on it! The seller said it was an estate sale item.

The KV-8000 is very rare, at least with my experience. I've never owned one, and I have owned literally 1000 or more Sony sets including at least 25 KV-5000s. Also I worked for a Sony authorized repair shop in the 80s, and only ever saw about 3 of them. This is compared to dozens of KV-5000s (the little 5" brother to this set.)

Anyway, I am sure happy tonight



__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.