Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Whirled One's Avatar
Whirled One Whirled One is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifrontier
i wonder what the link is between illwill and target
?? I don't think there's any sort of "link" between Target and Goodwill. I know that Target stores in some areas do happen to consistently donate some of their unsold and/or customer-return goods to Goodwill. In some other areas, they consistently donate such goods to SalArmy instead. I'm not sure why some folks here seem to think this is a problem. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy Target-store "leftovers" at a thrift store. Though I will agree that much of that sort of stuff I've seen at SalArmy or Goodwill stores do tend to be overpriced in my opinion, but that's not what I look for at thrift stores anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me. However, since much of it *does* actually sell, evidently it's not quite as overpriced as you or I might think. Again, I don't think this is a problem. If you don't like stuff like that, don't buy it. If Target didn't donate that stuff to Goodwill or SalArmy or some other chaitable organization, they'd probably have to junk/destroy a lot of it (because for one reason or another it would be impossible to sell it as new or return to the manufacturer), so at least this gives that stuff another chance to be useful to someone who needs it.

I had a roommate in college whose home was not far from the main warehouse for a large mail-order clothing company (I think it was either L.L. Bean or Land's End), and when he'd go home on vacation he'd stop by a particular thrift store that always received a lot of factory "seconds" that were donated from that company, because that way he could get a nice 'new' coat or jacket for cheap. That doesn't sound like a problem to me.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
doctorbongo's Avatar
doctorbongo doctorbongo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 30
I saw a very old juicer at the GW today, and perhaps the helper had trouble with the labeler, but they had it priced at $69.99. Yikes. And in terms of audio, they have had naught but crappe there for weeks.
__________________
Never said I was a stool pigeon. Never said I was a diplomat.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Chad Hauris's Avatar
Chad Hauris Chad Hauris is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 2,085
I have noticed the Goodwill silent bid auctions often result in higher prices being paid for items...some things such as electronic organs which were out for sale at a certain price and not bought for a while, and a similar item is offered for bid and people end up paying more. Maybe people getting into a competitive spirit...
__________________
Chad Hauris
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrochad
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM
fujifrontier's Avatar
fujifrontier fujifrontier is offline
roundie not so n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 435
funny it just inspires a homicidal spirit when i see a denon labeled $199
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-07-2007, 07:45 PM
NowhereMan 1966's Avatar
NowhereMan 1966 NowhereMan 1966 is offline
Slave to 1 Cat
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tiltonsville, OH
Posts: 888
Same with St. Vincent Du Pauls, they do not take in console TV's anymore.
__________________
Mom (1938 - 2013) - RIP, I miss you
Spunky, (1999 - 2016) - RIP, pretty girl!
Rascal, (2007 - 2021) RIP, miss you very much
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.