![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Music video question
Does anyone remember this? It goes back to the mid 80s, I think. An MTV video. Can't recall the song or the group. The entire video was a series of different faces morphing into one another. I think was one of the earlier videos to use this technique. I thought it was extremely cool at the time, and I'd like to know who did it. Ring any bells with anyone?
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams, Only in dreams, In beautiful dreams. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hmmm. I remember a couple...one may be a 1980s Peter Gabriel video (sledgehammer??). I know Michael Jackson's "Black or White" video (1991) did a lot of head morphing in the end.
My head hurts now.......
__________________
- In Pursuit of Bargain Fidelity in the Pacific NW |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Michael Jackson had a bunch of live heads morphing, the Peter Gabriel video was live and a clay Peter morphing into all kinds of stuff
__________________
jason rotel | sonographe | sumiko | ortofon |cambridge audio | jolida | kimber | snell
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Got it. Google search.
The song was "Cry" done by 10cc members Kevin Godley and Lol Creme. 1985. Wasn't really morphing apparently, just B & W images of faces superimposed on one another sequentially. I think it's still pretty good, for it's time. http://www.clipland.com/Video/944435796/
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams, Only in dreams, In beautiful dreams. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
You Don't Know How to Ease My Pain
You Don't Know You Don't Know How to Ease My Pain etc... You Don't Even Know How to Say Goodbye You Make Me Want To You Make Me Want to CRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! The very VERY talented other half of 10cc, with very creative albums like Consequences (triple concept album featuring the Gizmo) L Birds of Prey Ism Ism (Snack Attack in the US) Goodbye Blue Sky (a multi-harmonica based album--wonderful) This is the song writing duo that brought us: Un Nuit en Paris (One Night in Paris) on the 10cc record "The Original Soundtrack"...followed by the track "I'm Not in Love". This record is one of the best recordings in analog history, brilliantly engineered by band member Eric Stewart.
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine "...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|