Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2005, 04:41 PM
diddlybopper's Avatar
diddlybopper diddlybopper is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34
King Kong Anyone Seen It?

What'd you think of it??Write a review.I haven't But Will Over The Weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Going in about 30mins
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
ProAc_Fan's Avatar
ProAc_Fan ProAc_Fan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Niagara Falls,Ontario
Posts: 47
Now how did I know Thor would be first in line to see this flick??

Mike
__________________
Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron.




Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:25 PM
glen65's Avatar
glen65 glen65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 107
It will be another to add to the list.
1933
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=404272

1963 This one had the King Kong robot
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=404272

1976
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=404272

1986
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=404272

2005
King Kong...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
By far the greatest King Kong and not just because of the special effects. Just an amazing movie! What going to the movies is supposed to be like. I only wish they could have changed the ending, it's so damm sad. I cried, I really did
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Bogframe's Avatar
Bogframe Bogframe is offline
Holy Pioneer!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 103
On Thanksgiving I told my wife about a tradition they had here in NYC where WOR (Channel 9) would run King Kon, Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young presumably to keep kids occupied while the dinner was cooking. I was at a video store getting her a copy of Trains, Planes and Automobiles (her favorite movie) and saw all three movies in a boxed set! Not only that, they were the newly restored two disc version of King Kong, and newly restored versions of the other two! Being short on cash I didn't get it, but when I got home I noticed a strange bulge in my (Blue & white )stocking. Sorry to say I peeked, and lo and behold, go tell it on the mountain, there it was! What a wife! Now I have to keep my hands off it for another week and hope I can act surprised. Now did she also act on the hint about the 18 year-old Glenfiddich?
__________________

"A drummer, bass and two guitars
When you're playing Tasty, you'll go far
Tasty, ooh Tasty, ain't it time we mellow out?"


Tasty-The Good Rats
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 PM
ProAc_Fan's Avatar
ProAc_Fan ProAc_Fan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Niagara Falls,Ontario
Posts: 47
Anyone know the reason director Peter Jackson chose to tell this new version of King Kong in the same era ( 30's) as the original?

Mike
__________________
Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron.




Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I'm going tonight at 10:00pm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAc_Fan
Anyone know the reason director Peter Jackson chose to tell this new version of King Kong in the same era ( 30's) as the original?

Mike
It's one of his favorite films and he wanted to keep it in the same era.

The new DVD of the original King Kong has an interview with Jackson that's pretty interesting. His production company even went so far as to recreate the lost "Spider pit" sequence as a DVD extra.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-18-2005, 06:58 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAc_Fan
Anyone know the reason director Peter Jackson chose to tell this new version of King Kong in the same era ( 30's) as the original?

Mike
Well one reason I can think of is that with modern weaponry a 50' ape would last about 2 seconds Would have made the movie a lot shorter
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 12-18-2005, 09:32 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
It really bugs me when someone decides to do a remake of a really excellent classic movie. The original was so good by any day's standards, but especially with the special effects available to them at the time. Ray Harryhausen was a genius. They remade War of the Worlds and I think the original was much better, especially the design of the martian machines. Now they've redone King Kong. Now I'm not about to condemn it without seeing it. I respect Peter Jackson, and I'm sure he did a fine job on it, and I intend to see it. But the Wallace and Grommit movie and "Rent" come first.
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Phil H's Avatar
Phil H Phil H is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1
I plan to see it this week. I talked to a friend last night who saw it and says it's fantastic. He gave one piece of advice: Go to the bathroom before the movie starts; it's 3 hours long.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I just got back from this and while I liked it OK I think they accidentally spliced in a couple reels from Jurassic Park.

Seriously, this could stand to be cut by 45min to an hour.
The special effects are great but after about the 100th fight with some creature or another I started to lose interest.

It picked up again after they got back to N.Y. and I thought the film was great from that point on. The scenes on top of the Empire State building were vertigo inducing!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 AM
diddlybopper's Avatar
diddlybopper diddlybopper is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34
I understand that Jackson felt this was one movie that should never be remade and wasn't going to do it untill he heard they would remake it with or without him.He felt that he was the only one who would do it justice and decided to accept the project.
I always felt the Jeff Bridges remake was darn good...."Wasn't That A Travesty!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lose the 1st 30 mins of the film. All of the stuff in New York before they leave for Skull Island was way overdone and unecessary. My GF and I almost fell asleep. When I take my son and go see it for the 2nd time I will leave and go play some vid games in the lobby for a 1/2 hour or so then come back in to the movie

Dinosaurs look like well.......dinosaurs what are you gonna do? It's like saying the Flipper in the movie remake looked like well.......flipper in the TV series
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.