![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
One of my favorite shows. I've been dialed in since the first season episode and won't miss it.
|
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
Really crazy!!!1
__________________
Blind tests reveal audio truths. IF you ride like lightening, you will crash like thunder ~ BIG YOUTH |
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
I love this program. I simply cannot admire enough the guys, and woman, who go into the Bering sea to hunt crab in order to earn an honest buck. Fascinating, unbelievably thrilling, and funny. Even when a stretch is repetitive--whoa! up comes another pot--it is filled with anticipation and edginess.
What working conditions! I get seasick going from Orange County to Catalina Island. Do you think the bait smells? Good thing the wind blows. Cold? Wet? How in the heck can they stand there for hours (days) in a wind with a chill factor of a million below zero?--all while the waves are crashing over them. One thing bothers me, though, about the guy who fell overboard while trying to tie down the crab pots stored on the deck. How many more years do you think it will take before there is an industry rule that requires a deck hand who goes over the side must be secured by a safety line and harness?
__________________
Vintage: Kenwood KR-8010, Kenwood KR-9600 (2), Marantz 2385, Marantz 2500, McIntosh MAC-1700 (2), SAE TWO R9, Sansui RZ7000, Yamaha R1000 Main: McIntosh MX130, MI-3, MC300, Sony/TRL CE595, Magnepan 1.6qr Office: Marantz 2385, Music Hall Maverick, Monitor Audio Bronze 2 |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
good show watched the first season,when it was really crazy and they did not know when the season would end,the narrator is funny its the guy who does "dirty jobs"
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
I love the show and watch every week,I first tasted king crab in the late sixties before they got popular.My father who was a machinist for Hyster company when I lived in Portland had a co-worker who would come through the shop on friday and ask who wants crab.He and a friend who had a small plane would fly up to Alaska on the weekend and bring them back on ice in a big cardboard box.Cost 5 dollars for the whole crab they were a huge looking monster to a kid.
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|