Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 PM
NeedForSpeed's Avatar
NeedForSpeed NeedForSpeed is offline
RiffMaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 37
Thumbs up The Bank Job

This has got to be the second best action flick of 08(Well, Have'nt seen "The Dark Knight" yet), So who knows. No, It's not the Bourne Ultimatum. It is however, A very good fast paced movie, And a few twists of it's own, With a main character who has also been screwed with once to often, Ala Jason Bourne. Jason Statham (Transporter-Crank-The Italian Job-Snatch) Who is becoming the next Steven Segal, Clint Eastwood, Steve Mcqueen, All rolled in one, Is a guy who gets talked into robbing a bank, For the safe deposit boxes. In those boxes are alot of problems he has to deal with. Thats all I can and will say as far as the plot, And it is a good, Smart screenplay. It's worth a rental at the least, And just may make it into your collection.
__________________
Pioneer/Carver/Technics/Marantz
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2008, 07:53 PM
forzaroma's Avatar
forzaroma forzaroma is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silicon Valley CA
Posts: 3
I just saw it (netflix) a couple of nights ago and it definitely kept my attention. Very good "rental".

Alberto
__________________
McIntosh:MCD201,MDA1000,C220,MC501(x2)
Thorens TD125ii, SME 3009ii, Clearaudio Maestro
Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage,AKG K1000
Sonos, Squeezebox, Wadia i170
Cardas, Tributaries, RGPC 400Pro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:11 PM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
Thx for the tip - I'll definitely look for that one! BTW, I've got the kid tonight while the wife sees The Dark Knight - my turn tomorrow
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
NeedForSpeed's Avatar
NeedForSpeed NeedForSpeed is offline
RiffMaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensleep View Post
Thx for the tip - I'll definitely look for that one! BTW, I've got the kid tonight while the wife sees The Dark Knight - my turn tomorrow
Looking forward to it.
__________________
Pioneer/Carver/Technics/Marantz
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Zeromancer's Avatar
Zeromancer Zeromancer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 32
Going to see The Dark Knight on Sunday.
Just barely got tickets
__________________
Yamaha RX-V1, Kenwood KA-3300, Yamaha A-560, Ion Audio ITT03X DD TT, Panasonic SL-N15 TT, Panasonic RD-3500 TT, Fisher MT-6410 TT
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Zeromancer's Avatar
Zeromancer Zeromancer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 32
Going to see The Dark Knight on Sunday.
Just barely got tickets
__________________
Yamaha RX-V1, Kenwood KA-3300, Yamaha A-560, Ion Audio ITT03X DD TT, Panasonic SL-N15 TT, Panasonic RD-3500 TT, Fisher MT-6410 TT
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Jack G Jack G is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
I saw this in the theater. I was rather disappointed. Don't people in England have fingerprints? Granted, its the best role Jason Statham has had, but that's not saying much.
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2008, 02:17 PM
arrow 68 arrow 68 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 56
Movies have become as bad as music.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack G View Post
I saw this in the theater. I was rather disappointed. Don't people in England have fingerprints? Granted, its the best role Jason Statham has had, but that's not saying much.
Jack

The time frame of the movie I think was the early 70's maybe 60's. Supposedly "based on a true story".

The story got really good after the bank robbery. The other shoe dropped hard and quick.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bank_Job
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
I just watched this a couple of days ago. I really enjoied it. Fun movie.
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
ybaolywa's Avatar
ybaolywa ybaolywa is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
This has got to be the second best action flick of 08(Well, Have'nt seen "The Dark Knight" yet), So who knows. No, It's not the Bourne Ultimatum. It is however, A very good fast paced movie, And a few twists of it's own, With a main character who has also been screwed with once to often, Ala Jason Bourne. Jason Statham (Transporter-Crank-The Italian Job-Snatch) Who is becoming the next Steven Segal, Clint Eastwood, Steve Mcqueen, All rolled in one, Is a guy who gets talked into robbing a bank, For the safe deposit boxes. In those boxes are alot of problems he has to deal with. Thats all I can and will say as far as the plot, And it is a good, Smart screenplay. It's worth a rental at the least, And just may make it into your collection.
The wife and I watched it the other night. Very enjoyable. My wife and I hardly spoke thru the whole flick. Excellent plot that keeps you interested and has enough suspense. And I should mention that it has pretty good acting. ...
__________________


- In Pursuit of Bargain Fidelity in the Pacific NW
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-02-2008, 12:00 AM
markthefixer's Avatar
markthefixer markthefixer is offline
Tooluser
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensenville,Illinois
Posts: 120
Just got it in from Netflix, will watch it with Dad on Sunday....
__________________

Nothing is ever completely fool proof, because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.