Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB: Sanyo TV exactly like this

I'm looking for a Sanyo tv exactly like this. Please excuse the graffiti on the one tv, I could only find a couple pictures of this model. I can't find the model number but I think it is a 25 inch made around 1998-2001.

Last edited by Gt5002003; 02-06-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Bump
Old 02-09-2018, 03:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt5002003 View Post
I'm looking for a Sanyo tv exactly like this. Please excuse the graffiti on the one tv, I could only find a couple pictures of this model. I can't find the model number but I think it is a 25 inch made around 1998-2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt5002003 View Post
Bump
I'm not sure if you realize this or not , but from here I see no pictures showing up with your post , yet when I quote your post I see what looks to be image links ?

Can anyone else see the guy's pictures ? I figure since I can see all the other pictures on the forum maybe his links are faulty ?

Last edited by init4fun; 02-09-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

I see tv sets..

SR
Old 02-09-2018, 07:48 PM
M is for Memory

I see dead people....

Pix work here. I wish you luck. Most here on VK are tube era/first gen American made SS guys. The chances of finding one haunting every place in your region that EOL CRTs end up are better than the chance of a VKer having one.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma
Old 02-09-2018, 08:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well that's weird , I can see all the other pictures posted on the site except for these .
Old 02-09-2018, 08:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

There's people that like to late 70s, early 80s foreign made clunkers as well, like myself.. But it seems almost nobody is interested in 90s and early 00s black curvy push button sets.. But then again, 20 years from now there will be people interested in these non serviceable (Repairable) flat screens that are currently out now, and think they are worth something compared to what is current at that time... Hmm, Too bad amongst this technical world were in now, we haven't invented time machines yet..

Last edited by tvcollector; 02-09-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
But it seems almost nobody is interested in 90s and early 00s black curvy push button sets..
When somebody is interested, it’s usually for sentimental reasons. I’m holding on to my broken 90s Sony tv-vcr combo because it was the first “old” tv I got, sort of. Long story short, sometime around 2013 or 2014 I decided my new hobby was going to be retro gaming and I needed a small crt display, so I bought the tv for this purpose. When I realized it was broken, I lost interest in the video games before even buying a gaming system and became interested in television and television repair. Although after an attempt I’ve decided it’s not worth the effort to troubleshoot and repair at a component level, so I’m waiting to come across another to steal the boards out of. If I can’t find one easily, eventually I’ll just kill it with a sledgehammer or perhaps something more creative.

OP: I agree with others, the best chance to find one of these is locally at an ewaste recycler type place, ideally where they process hundreds of junk TVs per day. If you’re persistent and truly want to waste, err... dedicate your time to it, you’ll probably find one, eventually. Good luck.

Last edited by SpaceAge; 02-10-2018 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I'm not sure if you realize this or not , but from here I see no pictures showing up with your post , yet when I quote your post I see what looks to be image links ?

Can anyone else see the guy's pictures ? I figure since I can see all the other pictures on the forum maybe his links are faulty ?

Hi, I had the same problem when i first made this post. I could see the images fine at first but when I would log out and check again they were gone. I edited so many times I got tired of it lol and eventually the images just appeared every time I would log in.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi all and thanks for replying. It is both sentimental and retro gaming reasons. I purchased the Sanyo tv after I finally got a good paying job in the early 2000's. I had it for at least 10 years or more when I let some of my family members borrow it. They only had it about a month or so and claimed it stopped working and with my job and the distance from them I never got it back. And now they say they don't remember having it and don't know what they did with it if they did. At the time I didn't realize what I had, those tv's were always heavy but this one was easy to move around because the sides where the speakers were are thinner and you could grip it better. And I always loved the wide cabinet look. I've been trying locally with ads on craigslist, letgo, offerup...etc. I contacted the recycle place but unfortunately no luck so far. I also contacted Sanyo and they can't even tell me the model number. I've had so many emails with people saying they have the same tv and then it always turns out to not even be close. Always the box style with speakers at the bottom lol. My main reason for posting here is to get the word out. There's a lot of people on here that are looking for tv's and maybe they would run across one like I'm looking for in the process. And I would do the same while I'm trying to find mine. Thanks again all!
Audiokarma
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Keep an eye on Craigslist, one will popup nearby. Where are you at? Shipping is going to be next to impossible.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
Keep an eye on Craigslist, one will popup nearby. Where are you at? Shipping is going to be next to impossible.

Will do. I am in Whiteville North Carolina. Oh and after searching the internet for months, I believe i found the model number. I found a picture of the front of the manual for it but still can't download the manual. The model number is DS25590.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 168307-1.jpg (78.8 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Gt5002003; 02-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:48 PM
<----Zenith C845

Good grief. Who scribbled graffiti all over the screen of the second Sanyo TV? This won't affect the operation of the set, but it does look ugly and will interfere with viewing of programming. I can only hope this is removable easily.

BTW, I worked on old TVs for years as a hobby when I lived in a house with a basement in suburban Cleveland, but my goodness, I never saw, until now, anything like the CRT on the second Sanyo. That set must have been in a fire, judging from the distortion of the front of the tube and the slight separation of the front of the TV from the control panel. How on earth (other than by fire damage) can a glass CRT warp like that? I would think the tube would have imploded violently shortly after the warpage started, as the glass heated. However, I think that set is probably junk by now; it probably isn't worth having the CRT replaced. Your first picture, also of a 25" Sanyo, is of a much better looking TV, one which has a much better chance, IMHO, of being restored. I would junk the set with the graffiti (or use it strictly for parts, if there is anything usable in it) without thinking twice, as there may have been other, severe damage (warped or burned PC boards, etc.) aside from the ruined picture tube.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 02-10-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Good grief. Who scribbled graffiti all over the screen of the second Sanyo TV? This won't affect the operation of the set, but it does look ugly and will interfere with viewing of programming. I can only hope this is removable easily.

BTW, I worked on old TVs for years as a hobby when I lived in a house with a basement in suburban Cleveland, but my goodness, I never saw, until now, anything like the CRT on the second Sanyo. That set must have been in a fire, judging from the distortion of the front of the tube and the slight separation of the front of the TV from the control panel. How on earth (other than by fire damage) can a glass CRT warp like that? I would think the tube would have imploded violently shortly after the warpage started, as the glass heated. However, I think that set is probably junk by now; it probably isn't worth having the CRT replaced. Your first picture, also of a 25" Sanyo, is of a much better looking TV, one which has a much better chance, IMHO, of being restored. I would junk the set with the graffiti (or use it strictly for parts, if there is anything usable in it) without thinking twice, as there may have been other, severe damage (warped or burned PC boards, etc.) aside from the ruined picture tube.

Hi Jeffhs and thanks for replying. I don't own either of the tv's in the pictures, I just found the pictures when doing google searches...lol.