Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,936
WTB: Potentiometer or part of one, and knobs needed.

I've got a Motorola TS-292 21" bakelite table set with a physically dammaged volume/contrast pot/power switch.
Going from memory it is a 2.5k contrast pot with a 625 top end tap, and a 1 meg with a bottom 300K tap.

I've got an IRC kit with various control parts, and was able to come up with the right value resistance elements with correct taps, shafts that seem close enough to work, and most of the housing....However my kit has no switches in it. I was able to find an older junk one but the rotational stop on the shaft is catching on many things inside the switch/back housing which indicates to me incompatibility....

I need either an original ganged control off a Motorola or an IRC switch (single pole or double will work) with the complete back housing for the resistance section of the control.

I also believe I need the complete channel knob set for this set and possibly the tone/volume/contrast knob cluster.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Findm-Keepm's Avatar
Findm-Keepm Findm-Keepm is offline
Followin' the Rules...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I've got a Motorola TS-292 21" bakelite table set with a physically dammaged volume/contrast pot/power switch.
Going from memory it is a 2.5k contrast pot with a 625 top end tap, and a 1 meg with a bottom 300K tap.

I've got an IRC kit with various control parts, and was able to come up with the right value resistance elements with correct taps, shafts that seem close enough to work, and most of the housing....However my kit has no switches in it. I was able to find an older junk one but the rotational stop on the shaft is catching on many things inside the switch/back housing which indicates to me incompatibility....

I need either an original ganged control off a Motorola or an IRC switch (single pole or double will work) with the complete back housing for the resistance section of the control.

I also believe I need the complete channel knob set for this set and possibly the tone/volume/contrast knob cluster.
EDIT: I saw TS-929, not TS-292....oops. With a part number, I can check my Clarostat RTV series stuff. Should be a part number starting with "18"
__________________
Brian
USN RET (Avionics / Cal)
CET- Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88)
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,936
After searching through the riders I can say the pot is 18B720263.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Findm-Keepm's Avatar
Findm-Keepm Findm-Keepm is offline
Followin' the Rules...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
After searching through the riders I can say the pot is 18B720263.
Same as 18B722190, Industry number X2571 (used by Sams RGC guide to "build" the pot with off-the-shelf parts...)

You read from left to right - it includes all shafts, bushings, switches and front and rear elements.

My RTV guide tops out at TS-114/TS115 or so...
__________________
Brian
USN RET (Avionics / Cal)
CET- Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88)
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!

Last edited by Findm-Keepm; 09-29-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 AM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I've got a Motorola TS-292 21" bakelite table set with a physically dammaged volume/contrast pot/power switch.
Going from memory it is a 2.5k contrast pot with a 625 top end tap, and a 1 meg with a bottom 300K tap.

I've got an IRC kit with various control parts, and was able to come up with the right value resistance elements with correct taps, shafts that seem close enough to work, and most of the housing....However my kit has no switches in it. I was able to find an older junk one but the rotational stop on the shaft is catching on many things inside the switch/back housing which indicates to me incompatibility....

I need either an original ganged control off a Motorola or an IRC switch (single pole or double will work) with the complete back housing for the resistance section of the control.

I also believe I need the complete channel knob set for this set and possibly the tone/volume/contrast knob cluster.
You had a Motorola chassis, where the cabinet was trashed and the 21AU CRT was dead. A newer model, but maybe the control was similar. Worth looking into.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
You had a Motorola chassis, where the cabinet was trashed and the 21AU CRT was dead. A newer model, but maybe the control was similar. Worth looking into.
I thought of that and looked into it before creating this topic (I rather use my stock than beg from other's when feasible)....The front (contrast element) is a different resistance, and the shaft length is different so it is a no go.

I'm probably going to go with the IRC stack I've built till I finish the recap and confirm it works. The IRC rig should work, but I'll have to forgo having a power switch for now.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.