Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Parts for which I am searching

I am looking for a 10bp4, 10fp4. prefer NOS or NOS rebuilt. I bought one from a member of videokarma, it had good emission and lasted 5 minutes before the heater opened up. Not the sellers fault, many of these got beaten to death in filament string sets back in the day. Also interested in 5tp4 or 5azp4 tubes, again much prefer NOS. Still in the market for a 17bp4 as a spare for my Sparton 5088 I watch several hours a week.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2016, 05:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

If you are ever around Virginia I have an RCA 8T-243 that I would love see go to a good home. It has a good 10BP4, but frankly is in good enough shape that it would be a bit of a shame to junk it for the tube. I simply don't have the time or the room to work on old TVs anymore and I have come to a place in life where I really need a lover of such things to come and take a couple of old TVs and quite a few radios. Also lots of tubes and test equipment need to go.

I didn't mean to make this into a sales post. I guess I'm hoping that the right person (maybe you) may be the one to come through the area and leave with a lot of pretty nice stuff for not a lot of money.

Before I forget, one of my TVs is what looks to be a very early 50s Sparton 17". It's not really one that I was wanting to move necessarily as I have had it since I was a kid and I'm pushing 50 now. An older gentleman used to keep it at the local flea market to sit and watch while running his booth on the weekends. This was the late 70s to early 80s and even then I thought that the then fairly plentiful older sets were cool to look at.

At any rate, after bugging the man for a year or two coming in and talking and watching the set, he finally sold it to me for ten bucks. It still works today to a certain degree with one of the sharpest pictures I've ever seen on a black and white set. It has gotten where it's need for capacitors is highly evident as it takes about 10 minutes for the horizontal size to fill out and while that fills out the vertical size starts rolling up on the bottom.

I've wanted to go through it for years as it is rather like a DuMont in superior build quality. Seems like it has dual rectifiers which to me is always a sign of higher quality. Actually working for 60-70 years is a plus as well!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have several 10BP4's and one may be nos. Also, a 17BP4A Hytron that checks great.

Besides being in the business a long time, I've accumulated tons of this stuff as a long-time collector.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I am looking for a 10bp4, 10fp4. prefer NOS or NOS rebuilt. I bought one from a member of videokarma, it had good emission and lasted 5 minutes before the heater opened up. Not the sellers fault, many of these got beaten to death in filament string sets back in the day. Also interested in 5tp4 or 5azp4 tubes, again much prefer NOS. Still in the market for a 17bp4 as a spare for my Sparton 5088 I watch several hours a week.
Thanks
I have rebuilt 10bp4 and 2 new 5tp4 crts if I can help.