Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

need 21fjp22 crt

need 21fjp22 crt ...will take one that can make a seeable picture...not too worried if it is a little or a good used one....can email me at luvinfun1978@yahoo.com
Old 06-21-2016, 09:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

ok I have an update for the crt.....I found 2 new in the box ....came today and test very good .....thank you for all that have helped me in my wants and needs
scott
Old 06-21-2016, 10:36 PM
M is for Memory

You know if a roundy has a bad CRT and flyback (unless it is a rare/desirable model [I don't know a CTC-15 that hits that], the rest of it is PERFECT, or it has an important sentimental value) that it is usually not worth restoring, and only worth buying if it is cheap and you need parts from it for another set.

You might buy a 67' pickup with rust issues and needing a tuneup, but would you buy one with rusted out frame, a cracked engine block, and blown transmission?...That is the automotive analog of your TVs described condition.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:36 AM
First Light: 1952-2011

I bought an 89 Dodge Spirit with a cracked head, blown head gasket and completely plugged cooling system and put it to daily driver status. Why? Because I like it. Just because something is pretty far gone doesn't mean you toss it, although I wouldn't travel the country looking for CTC-15 parts personally. Maybe he likes it, more power to him. Another roundie avoids the trash heap.

BTW, that guy with the flybacks said he would think about it. If I don't hear anything in a couple days I'll needle him about it some more.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvin View Post
ok I have an update for the crt.....I found 2 new in the box ....
Where from? New or rebuilt? Any more available?

Audiokarma
Old 06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

you are very correct and very true about the 67 ....but as for me I love old things ...when I was about 4 to 6 years old my grandma had a ctc 15 and it was the first roundy color I could find ....so I got it ...you are also correct about it not being as a collectable but I wanted to start at some point and here we go ..I am fired up to make it go...the 2 21fjp22 are rebuilds ...they came from the west coast ....I am sorry if my asking about parts or help at some point for ctc 15 are not what is wanted here... i thought this was a site to help new people
Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

as for tvs i am new ....but for radios i am not ...i have most of the ww2 radios made...i even have a complete and working radio room for a b-17 that takes just about a room for it...that is all the trans parts and the rec parts....a lot of it had rust when i started...but it is all new and running now
Old 06-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
I bought an 89 Dodge Spirit with a cracked head, blown head gasket and completely plugged cooling system and put it to daily driver status. Why? Because I like it.
Perfect shipyard beater! We had a Chief that bought a 73 Duster for $50 and used it as a "shipyard beater" during an overhaul - he kept it and was still driving it 40,000 miles and 9 years later......as his shipyard beater. It helped that he was an AS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Just because something is pretty far gone doesn't mean you toss it, although I wouldn't travel the country looking for CTC-15 parts personally. Maybe he likes it, more power to him. Another roundie avoids the trash heap.

My CTC-16 is a base model, with cabinet scratches, but it harkens me back to the early 80's when I worked the sets for my dad. Bad focus coil, weak red gun, cataract, and probably needs a recap ASAP, but it's fun to fiddle with.

BTW, Fly277's ( 113882's ) were hard to get even in the 80s - RCA and Triad had quit making their version, and Thordarson waited for backorders to pile up to avoid inventory issues. We had a waiting list at Cain Electronics for those, MA/MB GE Chassis flybacks (molded, hard plastic would crack and get moisture problems..), and any Rare Earth-prefixed Channel Master CRT. They flew off the shelves - I never understood the attraction...

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 06-22-2016, 08:28 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvin View Post
you are very correct and very true about the 67 ....but as for me I love old things ...when I was about 4 to 6 years old my grandma had a ctc 15 and it was the first roundy color I could find ....so I got it ...you are also correct about it not being as a collectable but I wanted to start at some point and here we go ..I am fired up to make it go...the 2 21fjp22 are rebuilds ...they came from the west coast ....I am sorry if my asking about parts or help at some point for ctc 15 are not what is wanted here... i thought this was a site to help new people
I'm just advising you to not throw money at something not worth it...Often a roundy flyback or CRT will sell for more than a complete TV with good fly and CRT will sell for. Unless you really want a set, it is dirt cheap or you are happy wasting money, it is generally a good idea to shy away from sets that have blown their 2 most expensive parts....Just sayn'.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.