Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Tom, here are the pics of that Sparton. It's rough, but it's not beyond repair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0225.jpg (73.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0226.jpg (78.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0227.jpg (84.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS X View Post
More Photos.
That GE Coaxial looks v e r y familiar but I did not re-cap the one I traded. But I did provide an NOS CRT with it.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Same set. It's been redone and Justin had to have it . I've been thinking since yesterday that set might have to come back home
Old 04-07-2016, 11:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

I guess I did well selling my Whitby not running To Rich aka Polaraman for 3 times more then that.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:03 AM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Same set. It's been redone and Justin had to have it . I've been thinking since yesterday that set might have to come back home
It's a nice set I really did/Do enjoy it, it's just time I pass it along, I watched it a good amount when it was working right . Early this past afternoon me and Dwight made a deal for it and I'm getting a good working late 60's color set in trade that I think I'll be happy with Although I will admit I'm a little sad to see the coaxial go but I'm sure I'll run across another one someday, I really do like the standard non remote non power tuning coaxials better.

Last edited by OS X; 04-08-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 04-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
That may have been the LAST interesting set I got from the local curb action, probably in 2003. Lucky I had the remote still around from many years ago...but that original 21ESP4 was totally finished. With the rebuilt NOS, it looks "Black Daylight" again.
I just wonder how it sounds ...
Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Administrator

17 days!!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Administrator

While I'm thinking about it, a few things I could sure use if anyone has them!

1. A screen mask for a 3" Pilot

2. A CTC-58 chassis, with or without modules.

3. A Zenith Jetliner for parts. My set works great, but the tuner is absolutely toast.

4. Chassis for an RCA 730TV2. Because I'm beyond frustrated with mine.

5. Big boxes of unsorted dirty used tubes that they'd like to sell cheap. Jumbled bags and boxes of resistors and mish mosh parts are also of interest. Having been a parts guy for 28 years, I actually really enjoy sorting through, organizing, and using them.

6. A good working TV Analyst with probes.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:40 PM
BigDavesTV

Quote:
While I'm thinking about it, a few things I could sure use if anyone has them!

1. A screen mask for a 3" Pilot

2. A CTC-58 chassis, with or without modules.

3. A Zenith Jetliner for parts. My set works great, but the tuner is absolutely toast.

4. Chassis for an RCA 730TV2. Because I'm beyond frustrated with mine.

5. Big boxes of unsorted dirty used tubes that they'd like to sell cheap. Jumbled bags and boxes of resistors and mish mosh parts are also of interest. Having been a parts guy for 28 years, I actually really enjoy sorting through, organizing, and using them.

6. A good working TV Analyst with probes.

Tim,
I can help you out with a pretty good working B&K Analyst, has a slide or two, and at least the RF Connecting cable and Instruction Manual. The other cables are basically patch cables with banana plugs and or alligator clip leads, I think I have a couple extra of those. I have successfully used this B&K to substitute Vertical and horizontal osc. signals, and horiz. plate drive and color bars and convergence test pattern, etc.
I may have some modules for a CTC-58, but I need to know the module numbers...it's been too many years and I don't remember them all now! I'm not sure but I don't think I have any service info. for a CTC-58, that would tell me which modules.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Administrator

I don't need the modules themselves, it's the chassis I need. Trying to take a lazy end run around an issue that I've never seen . Of course I won't find one and I'll have to fix it and do it the right way, but it never hurts to give it a shot
Old 04-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Administrator

11 days away!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:10 PM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Still gotta get my new-to-me van registered so I can drive it out there. That means I'm going to have to brave that seemingly infinitely long line at the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.

But now that I'm no longer limited to 'sports car' sized cargo space, I'll have plenty of room for the 1954 Emerson Color set that's going on display in the Museum. And I heard a rumor that I just might be bringing out a TT-5 for the auction.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Administrator

One thing that there's never enough of at the convention is dollies, so this year I built me a big honkin carpeted one out of 2x4s. Sucker must weigh 40 lb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0279.jpg (79.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-20-2016, 10:25 PM
sampson159

going to thin my herd a little.i have a ctc9 boswell,zenith roundie,rca 19 inch from 1984 plus the sylvania e34.the 9 and zenith have been recapped,clean chassis and good crts.9 needs convergence work and the zenith worked last time i plugged it in.zenith has a sylvania crt and it does have a slight green halo.the rca portable works flawlessly as does the sylvania.if interested,drop me a line.looking for interesting trades.i am 15 minutes from etf.may make the convention but not sure this year.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:37 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson159 View Post
going to thin my herd a little.i have a ctc9 boswell,zenith roundie,rca 19 inch from 1984 plus the sylvania e34.the 9 and zenith have been recapped,clean chassis and good crts.9 needs convergence work and the zenith worked last time i plugged it in.zenith has a sylvania crt and it does have a slight green halo.the rca portable works flawlessly as does the sylvania.if interested,drop me a line.looking for interesting trades.i am 15 minutes from etf.may make the convention but not sure this year.
I sent you a PM back about the zenith roundie, if it's not sold already let me know
Audiokarma