Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Workin' Late Again

FS: Unisonic Tournament 2000 $5

Belonged to my family, and of course I hung onto it all these years. It all worked a couple years ago. I can test it if someone is interested. Asking $5 plus actual postage. Thanks for looking!

Kevin

Old 11-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Sold! Message me!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Workin' Late Again

On it's way

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 11-10-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Thanks Kevin!! After crushing both of my teenage sons, who gave lame excuses for their lack of "game", they decided to kick Dad out of the way and play each other.

Amazing how these masters of the PS4 can get confounded and entertained by a much simpler machine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6712.jpg (46.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Workin' Late Again

Oh, cool! it made it. I'm so delighted to see someone else get some entertainment from this old relic.

And yeah, it's kind of a humbling experience to realize one doesn't need complex graphics and sound to get a reflex reality check.

You know the controllers can be removed from the console and used with the extension wires, but they did seem to be in there very firmly? I didn't try applying any brute force.
Audiokarma
Old 11-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Looking For Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Thanks Kevin!! After crushing both of my teenage sons, who gave lame excuses for their lack of "game", they decided to kick Dad out of the way and play each other.

Amazing how these masters of the PS4 can get confounded and entertained by a much simpler machine
Tim, every time you post a photo of your basement I imagine it to be one of the most comfortable places on earth. I just want to hang out some cold winter day and play old video games on an old TV with a cup of hot chocolate.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:45 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Don't forget to keep the contrast and brightness down on that TV set, to avoid CRT burn-in. That was a big thing when those machines were new. By the time the first Atari cartridge-based machine came out, they were making the games show screen-savers in between games.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-18-2015, 05:48 AM
Administrator

In this case, the picture tube on the CTC-58 isn't the greatest, I'm just going to watch it until it gives up the ghost. I have access to some good 25V tubes (one of which is NIB in my garage) so I'm not too worried. My buddy Ed keeps trying to get me to swap it out, but this one works okay, so why not use it up first, yanno?
Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts1134 View Post
Tim, every time you post a photo of your basement I imagine it to be one of the most comfortable places on earth. I just want to hang out some cold winter day and play old video games on an old TV with a cup of hot chocolate.
You're welcome anytime! This is my home office too, so I spend 10 plus hours a day with my sets. Kinda packed in, but very organized and very clean

In fact, I decided to move the Mighty Monarch down here with me....it was rarely getting used upstairs.

I've been on this kick lately of putting EVERY set I own that sits on the floor, on custom made dollies. Not only does it make them easier to move and protect the structural rigidity of cabinets, but I make them just oversized enough so that it's virtually impossible to bump the sets against each other when moving them. Another plus is that there's effective storage for parts or whatever underneath the sets on top of the dollies, for stuff you want kept off the floor.

Not to mention the fact that it makes cleaning out any dust bunnies behind them a snap.

I trash pick scrap sections of wood when I can, and casters are only $1.49 each at Harbor Freight. When I find clean sections of carpet, I cover them over, which helps keep the sets from shifting. In some cases, I'll nail down box corners on the dollies when I'm afraid of something falling off.

This way, whenever I want to move a set over to a different viewing position or work on one, it's just a matter of rolling things around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6714.jpg (55.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 11-18-2015, 06:04 AM
Administrator

In fact, I'm gonna splinter that off into a different thread!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Workin' Late Again

Dollies - for TV's on the go.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
I've been on this kick lately of putting EVERY set I own that sits on the floor, on custom made dollies.
This sounded like a nice, practical idea to me, for about a minute or so. Then, I remembered "Chris, you live in earthquake territory!". It would not be good to have a fleet of color TV sets rolling toward me at some future date.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-24-2015, 01:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:

There is an RCA 21CD8775U, CTC-7A, the Sanford, in the left background!
Old 11-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Close. That's a Pensbury
Old 11-25-2015, 12:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Close. That's a Pensbury
Yup! The back of the task chair is partially covering the speaker grille area.