Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Administrator

ETF October swap meet thread

Thought I'd start this now, since it's coming up!

Much easier to do things this way, this way people can have their stuff pre-sold for the meet that they wouldn't have otherwise potentially wanted to carry back home, and anyone that wants anything can post it up now, so that they can get what they want!

Remember, if there's something you want, chances are nobody would think to bring it until you mention it AT the meet. This especially goes for knobs, picture tubes, parts, what have you.

I'll post my for sale/wanted ad in this thread in a bit, as soon as I can figure out what I need and wanna sell, but figured I'd get this ball rolling now
Old 09-14-2015, 10:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

So far...I am going to bring a porta-color set--good cabinet condition, later model with the larger H-out tube. No vertical--good tube.

My 15YC615 Zenith set. WORKS--at least gets snow on tube--good tube, bit of rust on cabinet back and bottom, (was in shed).

17 inch predicta tube in housing--good 17 inch cold predicta chassis using 5U4 , also have and tuner.

7JP4 tube--decent , in box.

MAYBE a 21FJP22 C/M tube, 1979, NO cataracts--tested great a couple of years back when I tried it. IN a not- complete Zenith 24NC31 cqbinet right now.If righ interest I could bribng it ALL.

A 12LP4 tube--tests ok on emission...,,cutooff does NOT show right and life tests does NOT hold well....but might be uesable for a set--in a box.

can get pics of P-C and Zenith 14", but they are on the other computer...it is DEAD right now. I CAN hook my phone to this little laptop I am using now--and put them here if anyone is interested.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Sending you a PM on the portacolor
Old 09-14-2015, 12:50 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
So far...I am going to bring a porta-color set--good cabinet condition, later model with the larger H-out tube. No vertical--good tube.

My 15YC615 Zenith set. WORKS--at least gets snow on tube--good tube, bit of rust on cabinet back and bottom, (was in shed).

17 inch predicta tube in housing--good 17 inch cold predicta chassis using 5U4 , also have and tuner.

7JP4 tube--decent , in box.

MAYBE a 21FJP22 C/M tube, 1979, NO cataracts--tested great a couple of years back when I tried it. IN a not- complete Zenith 24NC31 cqbinet right now.If righ interest I could bribng it ALL.

A 12LP4 tube--tests ok on emission...,,cutooff does NOT show right and life tests does NOT hold well....but might be uesable for a set--in a box.

can get pics of P-C and Zenith 14", but they are on the other computer...it is DEAD right now. I CAN hook my phone to this little laptop I am using now--and put them here if anyone is interested.
PM sent about the Zenith 15CY615.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Stuff I need!

I'm in need of knobs for:

Tele-Tone TV149
GE 835 (same as an 810)
Center fine tuning knob for a Motorola 8" set, in a butterscotch color
Also need knobs for this Zenith: http://www.datazap.net/sites/3for3get3/33041.JPG

Other parts:

Zenith Jetliner 19" portable, either a tuner or a complete parts set
Convergence board for a CTC-7
Silver control door for a CTC-22

Also!

I've got a CTC-11 metal cabinet for zenithfan1 that has to head towards Wisconsin....and a Zenith roundie cabinet that needs to go to DavGoodlin in Lancaster PA. If any kind souls are headed in those general directions, please let me know
Old 09-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Motorola Minion

I do have items to go to ETF in some way or another and I want nothing for them;

1. 21FKP22 Sylvania CRT with weak emission for a rebuild core (practice for the heros)
2. 21FBP22 RCA HiLite with a broken neck for rebuild core
3. RCA (CTC4) "director" empty cabinet with no top but a good speaker board, pencil box, shields, tube chart etc (Zenithfan wanted this IIRC)
4. RCA (TC245) 1950 12" console - empty cabinet in great shape, I got this a week after I dumped a 9T246 with a rusty cabinet

EDIT
I found a Zenith 24NC31 Chassis - Ill get some pics of my Zenith CC parts, Sampson.

Wanted: Back cover for 1966 Sylvania 25" color and a TMA (tuner mounting assembly) for that set
A zenith 21FBP22 or 21FJP22 can be only fair emission.

Wanted: 15DP4/15AP4 for a DuMont Sussex

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 09-22-2015 at 08:40 AM. Reason: update 2
Old 09-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Figured I'd give this thread a bump since we're less than two weeks out

Who's all coming, too? And where are you staying?

Myself, roundscreen, and BigDavesTV will be staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Columbus, arriving Friday afternoon....
Old 09-21-2015, 10:08 AM
sampson159

i live about 15 minutes away from etf.if i can,i will bring a zenith roundie,a working zenith roundie chassis,a new never installed rca roundie crt,rca ctc9 metal cabinet set with excellent crt.if anyone has any wants,please let me know.i may have it for you

Last edited by sampson159; 09-21-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I will be there sometime Friday hopefully by 6PM or so. I will be staying at the knights inn a few miles from the ETF, up the hill and by the highway...

This is the SAME hotel that BTW...under the motel 6 name...I got SICK at in 2013.. But I am NOT worried.. i feel a LOT better now, breathe MUCH better than I EVER have done and walk with more energy too. I will have to get dialysis sometime that morning...before I come. But one way or another I AM coming on Friday. I should have this computer wiht me then.

I will be bring my porta-color, my 15YC615, A 7JP4 with good emission, a12Lp4 with good emission but BAD cutoff. I COULD bring a 21FJP22 tube in with great emission and all else, it is in a 245NC31 set that needs some help ALso an RCA KCS-154 portable , WORKING, missing one small knob with a GREAT tube. Maybe this GE BW portable that was a thrift find a few days ago. Might also bring a 14 inch Zenith early 70;s color tube set...have to get it out of the shed, if any interest...

Correction on 12LP4 tube...it is NOT weak...and holds WELL on life test. I was accidently testing it in the PROJECTION TUBE setting. However...it MAY already be spoken for.

Last edited by rca2000; 09-22-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Dead from the neck up

I'm staying at the motel 6 on Rome Hilliard. I don't plan to bring anything. I'll be there Friday.
Audiokarma
Old 09-21-2015, 10:13 PM
BigDavesTV

I will be bringing a few sets, I would like to find a small screen tube or hybrid color portable, such as Admiral, Zenith, Toshiba, etc. If anyone has an RCA CTC 53 "parts set" to bring, I'd be interested in knowing!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Managed to lose/misplace the Knobs for my 621 T/S RCA... Would appreciate any/all help !
Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Sending you a PM on the portacolor
Did you ever get a response from RCA2000 ? I PMed him a LONG time back about his Zenith and never got a response....

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Intermittent. Made him an offer, then he posted above, so I take it that it's still available.

ALSO!

If anyone wants to post something they want, and want me to cart it back to Buffalo, I just might be able to accomodate you . I have space to hold.

Consoles are iffy, but table models shouldn't be a problem. Parts too. PM me if you need something transported or feel free to post an ad even if you're not going
Old 09-22-2015, 08:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Managed to lose/misplace the Knobs for my 621 T/S RCA... Would appreciate any/all help !
Sent you pm about your missing knobs
Audiokarma