Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Free Stuff

My mother ended going into the hospital and was diagnosed with brain and Lung cancer.. Long story short, My antique TV sets were in the spare bedroom and other parts of the house.. Lets just say my aunts came over and threw my stuff out to the curb and in the driveway.. I no longer can do restos, and I gotta get rid of some things to make room.. So it's a family crises

This CTC is the first on this list that has to go.. You can have it for free including the sams and original RCA service info.. You come pick it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4507.jpg (53.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4511.jpg (53.2 KB, 81 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 08:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
My mother ended going into the hospital and was diagnosed with brain and Lung cancer.. Long story short, My antique TV sets were in the spare bedroom and other parts of the house.. Lets just say my aunts came over and threw my stuff out to the curb and in the driveway.. I no longer can do restos, and I gotta get rid of some things to make room.. So it's a family crises

This CTC is the first on this list that has to go.. You can have it for free including the sams and original RCA service info.. You come pick it up
You might have to rent one of those public storage units.
Sorry to hear about the cindition of your mother. Who appointed your aunts to clean and liquidate your mother's belongings and yours.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've already got three storage units.. I can't afford another one.. Trying to scale down and do away with 1 or 2 units..
Old 06-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Sorry to hear about yr Mom... Sounds AWFUL, but I hope she goes quickly w/as little pain & trouble as possible.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Restoring an admiral c322

I happen to live in Orlando Florida and I may be interested! Where in south FL do you live? If you don't mind me asking
Audiokarma
Old 06-07-2015, 02:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

A CTC-7 in the Pensbury cabinet. I have one of those -- a fine performer after restoration. Go for it, Swizzyman.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Old 06-07-2015, 03:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

My mother is doing fine, she had the cyberknife done for the brain part.. She will need surgery done to remove 30 to 40 % of her right lung removed and probably chemotherapy.. This is all due to her smoking for over 40 years.. I can say this Saturday was the worst day in my life.. I woke up to my mother's sisters (My aunt basically taking everything I own TV and ceiling fan wise and throwing them in a small room of the house and out into the driveway.. The Maganavox chassis that I was currently working on, chassis part is at daves but they ended up bumping the pic tube into the wall or doorway as some of the pins on the pictube are bent.. I haven't even tested the pictube yet.. But anyways I should have called the police on them and had them arrested for invading like that.. They woke me up screaming at me as I'm not doing anything to help my mother... When they are only worried about TVs being in the way when she need to be in health insurance and SSI now which they did not bother to look into.. Everything is a mess and I feel like driving until my car untill it can't drive anymore..

she was released from the hospital today... But she id going to do follow ups with surgery..

If he lives in Orlando, he's only a three hour drive, and there' other stuff I can give him...
Old 06-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Sorry to hear about you Mom..... Sorry it sounds like a mess......
Good luck to you.....

Old 06-07-2015, 09:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
My mother is doing fine, she had the cyberknife done for the brain part.. She will need surgery done to remove 30 to 40 % of her right lung removed and probably chemotherapy.. This is all due to her smoking for over 40 years.. I can say this Saturday was the worst day in my life.. I woke up to my mother's sisters (My aunt basically taking everything I own TV and ceiling fan wise and throwing them in a small room of the house and out into the driveway.. The Maganavox chassis that I was currently working on, chassis part is at daves but they ended up bumping the pic tube into the wall or doorway as some of the pins on the pictube are bent.. I haven't even tested the pictube yet.. But anyways I should have called the police on them and had them arrested for invading like that.. They woke me up screaming at me as I'm not doing anything to help my mother... When they are only worried about TVs being in the way when she need to be in health insurance and SSI now which they did not bother to look into.. Everything is a mess and I feel like driving until my car untill it can't drive anymore..

she was released from the hospital today... But she id going to do follow ups with surgery..

If he lives in Orlando, he's only a three hour drive, and there' other stuff I can give him...

I know what you mean by "feel like driving \until you/your car can't drive aymore"... MANY times--I have felt this way. of course i hear..."running away won't help".

At least your mother may recover. My mom did NOT recover...from her aneurysm 2 years ago. It weas freak, massive and INSTANT. she did NOT suffer any at all--from what we could tell. She seemed fine the night before it happened.

But it it STILL VERY hard without her here...
Old 06-07-2015, 02:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks guys and thanks rca2000.. Btw the small B/W roundie you got for that I paid you for, you can keep it.. I know I want it but I'm more worried about getting rid of stuff instead of taking more things in.. The Color roundie tube, I will have to worry about later down the road, if you don't mind storing it for me for another few months at least..

Thanks.. Adam
Old 06-07-2015, 04:37 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:

Good to hear that your ma is hanging in there.

If your aunts do not have power of attorney or similar, then in your shoes, I WOULD have called the police if they did not cease and desist their meddling and leave the house with a reasonable amount of verbal warning....Also I (and many others) can be a very unpleasant person when awoken, especially if it is to an argument or verbal abuse, and anyone who I'm not used to being woken up by/around daily would be lucky not to get a heavy blunt object reflexively hurled at them before I would be awake enough to ascertain identity in that kind of situation.
That would put those aunts at the top of my sh!t list for life. If I were you I'd change the locks and excommunicate those aunts (let them know nothing, have no contact not thru email, and refuse to attend family functions that they attend other than weddings and funerals (I'm related to some real sh!ts and that has become a family policy my parents and I have towards most of my parents' family)).

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.

Last edited by Electronic M; 06-07-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Over the last year or so I went through the cancer diagnosis and treatment of my father, and his ultimate death. It can bring out both the best and the worst in people. I ended up being a sort of middleman because there are certain relatives that won't talk to each other, but they'll all talk to me. Lots of people are well-meaning but they get overbearing, they think things aren't being done right, and it's tough to deal with. In the middle of all that, you're trying to deal with the stress of a parent that is seriously ill, plus you're trying to live your day-to-day life. Those old TV sets could be a real stress reliever in a time like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

For God's sake, I'm so sorry.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
I woke up to my mother's sisters (My aunt basically taking everything I own TV and ceiling fan wise and throwing them in a small room of the house and out into the driveway.. The Maganavox chassis that I was currently working on, chassis part is at daves but they ended up bumping the pic tube into the wall or doorway as some of the pins on the pictube are bent.. I haven't even tested the pictube yet.. But anyways I should have called the police on them and had them arrested for invading like that..
Damn right! That is an outrage!

I guess that is one advantage to having only my mom for family. We did have to excommunicate a couple of anal orifices we didn't really consider family anyway after my grandmother's passing. One of them had joint POA with my mother which my grandmother later expressed regret about. She often helped us financially, and he flew into a rage once when mom asked him to help her get some of that money, mostly targeting me in his tirade, and took a bunch of jewelry that was supposed to be given to my mom. He even made mom pay half for the grave marker when he has a lot more money, much of it acquired illegally. Once the estate was settled, we showed them the door. They kept trying to get back in touch with us for a while. We have since moved.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-08-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 AM
...enjoys spaghetti.

TV Collector,

I am sorry to hear this. My mother had a similar diagnosis almost 4-years ago and has been doing well after the gamma-knife and chemo (which isn't as bead as it used to be) so keep that thought in mind. Non-smoker and no history of cancer in my family.

If I'm asking too much, feel free not to answer... Having been to your house, I guess I'm failing to see the connection between your mother's illness and your TV collection? Even more bizarre would be your aunt's behavior? I can't see how any of this helps your mother.

I still have all the sets we traded for, so just let me know when you can take them. Until then I hope things improve for you.
Audiokarma