Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

N.o.s. Cunningham cx-326 very early tube and others for sale.

This is an original and unused E.J. Cunningham tube with original paperwork and packing material. I pictured this one because the story of Cunningham tubes is very interesting if you have time to look it up or already know of it. Either way, they aren't making them like this anymore and I don't have anything that uses tubes this old.

While I am here I will add that I have others that are this style such as UX-201A and 80 which just happen to be sitting here. I would have to dig out the others. Also, I have other N.O.S. boxed tubes a bit newer from the 40s and 50s along with MANY loose tubes from the 50s-60s.

If you are doing early radio restoration, this would be the stuff to have. Most of my radios are 40s-50s, so again I have no need to keep them hidden and unused or displayed. Please let me know if you are interested in this tube or others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (112.1 KB, 108 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

how much for the ux-201a? I have an old set that needs one.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

The 01A isn't boxed and I can't say that it is N.O.S. I can say that it is in great shape and still bears the vintage RCA logo on top which normally rubs off of most tubes. Needless to say it is a Radiotron by RCA with an engraved base and brass pins.

These are pretty pricey these days, so to come up with something fair market value I would need to test it. So give me time to see if one of my testers supports settings for a tube that old. My late 40s Hickok (for sale too) should have test settings and sockets to support the really old tubes like this. I just don't want to risk misrepresentation or sale of a faulty product, so let me get back on this one. Thanks for the interest and to anyone with tube needs, give me some #s and I can get to work on getting some inventory done and testing.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

I need 2 globe type 80's and a pair of 71-As and would have a pair
Of globe type 45's,...give a call @(864)923-5733
Thanks Jody
Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47'Plymouth View Post
I need 2 globe type 80's and a pair of 71-As and would have a pair
Of globe type 45's,...give a call @(864)923-5733
Thanks Jody
Hi Jody, I know that I have 1 globe 80 for sure, I still need to check on others and try to do some testing. I know my tester(s) have socket support for the old tubes, but I have found at times that the setting are skipped over on the scroll. I'll have to check. I will give you a call soon, and thanks a lot for the business!
Audiokarma
Old 11-16-2014, 11:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

I still have some of these very old radio tubes including the Cunningham mentioned at the start of the thread. If anyone is interested in what has been mentioned please drop me a line. In the mean time I am going to come up with a list of old "big pin" tubes that I have which I have little to no use for. I think I have a couple of Howard radios and an early Philco (which needs a home) that use them. Then I need the tuning eyes of course. But for me its octals, loctals and minatures all the way.

Stay tuned for more on this. Ever trying to lighten the load....
Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
an early Philco (which needs a home) ....
How early? Model? You sellin' ?

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
How early? Model? You sellin' ?

Cheers,
My mistake; it's not a Philco but rather a Delco Model R 1125 from 1938. The nice little radio deserves a recap and the rest will polish up nicely as is, or someone could go all the way and have one like the one here at radioattic http://radioattic.com/item.htm?radio=0380349 going for $325. There are some as is parts sets on Ebay for $124, which is what mine would be more akin to.

I guess the Delco name being a bit of an oddity drives the price of these up as it's really nothing fancy by any means and just AM. If anyone wants this one they can have it for $60 plus shipping expenses. I just want my radios to be taken care of and appreciated as health problems are forcing me to part with many things. If it is Philco you want, I have a few and others from the 30s to the 50s and a few 60s transistor leatherette jobs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DelcoR1125RADIO.jpeg (5.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-06-2014, 03:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

It turns out that I only have four "globe" style tubes. They are as follows"

Cunningham CX-326 (still in box)
RCA Radiotron UX-226
RCA Radiotron UX-201-A (Long base)
Majestic 80

I am inclined to keep the 80 as I can actually use that one and I would like one example of that era's vacuum tubes. You can have the other 3 for $20 plus shipping expense. From looking around I have priced them below what I can tell about market value as I am more in this for the hobby and preservation than to profit. If I am wrong, please let me know. I hope these may be of some use to someone.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:46 PM
M is for Memory

Locally I've been able to get tested good loose type 26 variants for 5-6$ a piece at some meets.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma
Old 12-07-2014, 03:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

So 4 for $20 isn't too far out of line. It appears that I need to see about the brass pins which I am almost positive that some are. Supposedly that makes a big difference. Ya know though, it's sort of sad that 70ish year old tubes are sought after, but pretty much not worth anything. I don't get that really. I guess part of it is the limited market and use capabilities of the tubes.

I guess I messed with old cars too much. If I needed a piece for my 56 Chevy, I paid for it & not cheap. A big market there, and I would pay much more for a part for the limited market of my old 56 Dodge Royal Lancer.

Anyway, I have had inquiries on these old tubes that I certainly wont use and would like them to have a useful place in the world. I forget what I paid for them or how I got them frankly, so I thought that I would look around at the market and go lower. I did really think that they would be more rare and high priced just due to the age and I assumed fewer being made....