Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If you were local I'd offer you a 1977 19" Quasar I saved back before I could find tube sets.
Now there's something I'd like to find, the mother of my best childhood friend had a 19" (I think) Quasar of about that vintage.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
M is for Memory

The one in the top corner is my Quasar.

Found it on a curb in Fl and it works as found so I haven't had the heart to trash it...Though It's wasting space so if someone showed up at my door I'd probably give them that set for free and show them around my basement asking them if they want any other junk I which can't quite make my self throw out.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Bullies beware.

It looks familiar from what little I remember about the set. My friend's mom didn't let me over to their place often, probably because we would make such a mess. Although nothing I'm looking for will beat my 25DC56 chassis Zenith, a Quasar like that is on my bucket list.

Last edited by Jon A.; 05-06-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had two 1981 Quasars years back and tossed them both. Before hurricane sandy I used to dispose of 80s and70s stuff routinely, it was just so plentiful. The curbs and C.L. free section were alive with all sorts of "older" crt sets.
Now, they are far 'n few...
Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 PM
sampson159

i like the sets from the 70s.hybrids and early solid state.i personally thing this was the very best era for television performance.those great zenith and sylvania hybrids,the xl 100,zenith flat chassis,etc.here in columbus,those are gone.rarely do you see any set from the 80s let alone 70s.
Audiokarma
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here's a nice Hitachi on my local CL

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/atq/4435698083.html

Even has the manual.. It's very tempting but I'm trying to get rid of these types of sets..
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Dang i wish my garage looked THAT good

SR
Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

And this 70s remote Zenith Chromacolor..

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/atq/4453428131.html
Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
Here's a nice Hitachi on my local CL

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/atq/4435698083.html

Even has the manual.. It's very tempting but I'm trying to get rid of these types of sets..
Whoa, barely used at all (or so the ad says). At one time we had a very similar Hitachi CT1900 from 1981. I just identified it recently, having found a service manual. It was purchased at an estate sale in 1993. It was then smoked around big time though and quit just under a decade later, and was replaced by a 2001 27" Sanyo that I junked just recently. Unfortunately I didn't think of trying to save the Hitachi, back when it quit I didn't care what kind of TV I had as long as it was a color set with at least a 19" screen. If only I had thought to swap my 1989 Magnasonic for it when we got it, it might still have been around.
Quote:
And this 70s remote Zenith Chromacolor..

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/atq/4453428131.html
Yikes! Considering the price of that, my Zenith is practically stolen. I sometimes wonder if the seller was peeved when I told him that it does work. I didn't know that there was a main power toggle and a secondary power switch that was remote-only.

Last edited by Jon A.; 05-07-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Why does everyone here seem to think I'm from Florida?

I have a nice 1982 Hitachi from a fellow Videokarma member. It has the pushbutton 2 through13 tuner. It respnded well to a re-cap/re-resistor of the crt neckboard, and a thorough flushout of the controls. Prior to that it had a green tint and the occasional brightness flash on dark scenes.
Audiokarma
Old 05-07-2014, 11:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2134 View Post
Why does everyone here seem to think I'm from Florida?

I have a nice 1982 Hitachi from a fellow Videokarma member. It has the pushbutton 2 through13 tuner. It respnded well to a re-cap/re-resistor of the crt neckboard, and a thorough flushout of the controls. Prior to that it had a green tint and the occasional brightness flash on dark scenes.
LOL I never did, it was the topic of 80s sets, which made me post.. I never offered my sets to you seeing how I saw you are in NY and I figured that you wouldn't pay to have them shipped seeing how they are just 80s sets that seem to linger around unwanted.. But if you were crazy enough to pay for the shipping, I'd probably go for it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Whoa, barely used at all (or so the ad says). At one time we had a very similar Hitachi CT1900 from 1981. I just identified it recently, having found a service manual. It was purchased at an estate sale in 1993. It was then smoked around big time though and quit just under a decade later, and was replaced by a 2001 27" Sanyo that I junked just recently. Unfortunately I didn't think of trying to save the Hitachi, back when it quit I didn't care what kind of TV I had as long as it was a color set with at least a 19" screen. If only I had thought to swap my 1989 Magnasonic for it when we got it, it might still have been around.
I'm still really tempted on that Hitachi.. I have one in my bedroom that's from 1981, It's been running for about 3 years 24/7 and the picture on it is better then the 2004 Jenson set in the other room.. The thing won't die...
Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
I'm still really tempted on that Hitachi.. I have one in my bedroom that's from 1981, It's been running for about 3 years 24/7 and the picture on it is better then the 2004 Jenson set in the other room.. The thing won't die...
Finding another so pristine could prove nearly impossible. It would be mine if local, and I would be crazy enough to have one shipped if I had the cash. It's the same thing as the CT1910/1912, my service manual covers it and I could send the PDF if you actually get that set. It's not an advanced service manual though.

Last edited by Jon A.; 05-08-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:35 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Yikes! Considering the price of that, my Zenith is practically stolen. I sometimes wonder if the seller was peeved when I told him that it does work. I didn't know that there was a main power toggle and a secondary power switch that was remote-only.
The cabinet style of the set in that ad (Avanti) is perhaps Zenith's most desirable one since the porthole monochrome sets they made in the early 50's. It's the Predicta of 70's Zeniths....And just like the Predicta it's more conservatively styled brothers with the same chassis inside are close to worthless in comparison.

I got a non-remote non-Avanti horizontal flat chassis Zenith for free off of craigslist last summer....If I had not taken it then they probably would have E-wasted the thing, and if it did not have a decent amount of life in it I probably would have already put the CRT in an older set and scrapped the cabinet.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:46 AM
sampson159

avanti is nice,but its not a 250.00 set.100-150.00 would be the max.flat chassis would be worth 250.00
Old 05-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
The cabinet style of the set in that ad (Avanti) is perhaps Zenith's most desirable one since the porthole monochrome sets they made in the early 50's. It's the Predicta of 70's Zeniths....And just like the Predicta it's more conservatively styled brothers with the same chassis inside are close to worthless in comparison.

I got a non-remote non-Avanti horizontal flat chassis Zenith for free off of craigslist last summer....If I had not taken it then they probably would have E-wasted the thing, and if it did not have a decent amount of life in it I probably would have already put the CRT in an older set and scrapped the cabinet.
Heh, lucky for me I prefer the more conservatively-styled sets. Actually I don't like the style of the Avante at all, but that's just me. Finding someone who would appreciate a non-Avante flat-chassis Zenith probably wouldn't be hard, scrapping one would be a travesty unless the cabinet looked like it had been beaten with a claw hammer.

Last edited by Jon A.; 05-08-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Audiokarma