Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Last Round Up For Some Sets

Well, guys, the county is having the annual electronics collection day Saturday, November 2. Once upon a time I would have tried camping out at the gate to rescue some sets; things have changed. I have some stuff I've been trying to get rid of for years and I just might weaken enough to cart a truckload of stuff up there. So, you've been warned, this is the last chance. I might get some pics posted if warranted. From memory, here is some of what might be going to the great TV repair shop in the sky; most are in poor to fair condition:
12" tube-chassis b/w sets from RCA, Zenith, Philco-Ford, Magnavox, JVC
2 or 3 RCA CTC-53's (18" hybrid table models)
Zenith "4-tube" Chromacolor 19" table model
RCA 19" b/w portable from about '68
15" b/w tube portables from RCA & Zenith
Zenith System III, 13" color, clean but with chassis problems
Maybe some other stuff, if I get really weak. Even if you just need some parts, better let me know right away.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Administrator

The 19" RCA Portable from 1968, what CRT does it have and is it good?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM
M is for Memory

More info/pictures of the CTC-53s and the chromacolor would be nice. (More might be saved if folks here could see some pictures of them to get sad/pissed imagining them recycled.)

If greyhound or other shipping could get them here for under 60$ I'd probably be willing to save them from destruction.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Administrator

If nothing else, I could seriously use the top 3 control knobs and the pair of antennas in the back, for a CTC-53. That control that you gave Al for me worked out very nicely
Old 10-29-2013, 01:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Bryan, things sure do have a way of changing the things that we would like to keep around. You know I feel your pain! LOL! The metal case twin Philco remains on the front porch where you and I unloaded it from your van. I would never hear the end of bringing that into my home of over 20 years. That memorandum comes of course from the lady friend (?) who came last year with all new plans for me!

Hey, at least part of her plans are a much bigger home with a much bigger and new mortgage as my old $300mo. payment years grow shorter! The things we do for love! Anyway, if it works out (her plan), I will buy sets with a vengeance to fill the extra space! LOL! Oh, that's right; I won't have any money!?!?!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Motorola Minion

Bryan, you can always drop the the little stuff off at my place without fear of going home with anything likewise in volume or weight.

Unfortunately I often have to "recycle" working sets from the 80s-90s to make room for the old stuff too.

I have been the rescuer of Bryan's downsized collectibles and now have enough good, interesting projects for a comfortable retirement, which will not occur for 20 years.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
If nothing else, I could seriously use the top 3 control knobs and the pair of antennas in the back, for a CTC-53. That control that you gave Al for me worked out very nicely
What is the model number of your set? CTC53 chassis is listed in 39 different models, and not all had the 3-control knob configuration. Some had black knobs, others had the silver knobs. A little more info is needed - I may have your knobs in my NOS stash of 80+ RCA knobs.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Okay, finally got out there with the camera. Here are some shots:

Orange Philco-Ford 12" bw on top of a Zenith. The 19" RCA is on the right, except when I pulled the back off tonight I found it is actually a 21".

The crt for the 21" RCA. I let is sit on the tester for over 2 hours tonight and it never got out of the '?' range.

12" bw RCA

Forlorn JVC (Delmonico/Nivico, or some combination)

Pair of Zeniths at the bottom of the stack, the 4-tube is on the bottom.

Closer view of the 4-tube.

One of the CTC-53's, I think there are 2 but need to look again. One is missing the cluster, which Tim has now. Like Brian above, I likely have plenty of those knobs in my stash, hidden away. Heck, with part numbers in hand I have some NOS stuff that I've forgotten about.

RCA bw, around 15" I guess, with similar Zenith below.

It's against my nature to throw stuff like this away, but I've had all these sets for 8-10 years, and I know I'll never do anything with 'em. I'm sure glad I could pass some things on to many of you in the past. If anyone sees something I should hold for you, just let me know. I don't mind keeping it if I know I can pass it on to a new home within the next few months, for example.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 AM
M is for Memory

What are the screen sizes of the 4 tube Zenith and the CTC-53(s)?

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Motorola Minion

Bryan,
That 4-tube Zenith, still tuned to WJZ-TV 13, is probably like the one you got from my place a few months back. That one was a 19DC12 with a 19V CRT IIRC and I still have another, a 19DC11 if you remember.
Could you put that smaller 1970 Zenith 16" on top of it in your next shipment up this way?
Dave
Audiokarma
Old 10-30-2013, 10:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Dave, consider that Zenith yours-I actually have two of them, with only slight trim differences. The one pictured actually worked when I tried it (hey, it's a Zenith!) but with vertical issues. The other one needs filters. You can have them both if you want. I suspect we'll be back up your way before long.

Tom, I believe the RCA's are best called 18" and the Zenith 19". If someone were to actually show up at my place I have quite a few other sets that I would give away (or almost give away.) Somewhere I have an RCA, about 15-16" in the same family as the CTC-53, a couple GE C2 sets (one 18", the other 19") and small color sets from Sylvania, Sears, Wards. And more...
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Bryan, what size is this RCA?

Hate to see it go to the recycler but don't really have room for it or desire to have it shipped, I could use a good 19FEP4 CRT for one though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca.jpg (17.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

It is time now for a moment of silence, for many of the above pictured sets died today.

All of the 12"/15" bw sets are gone. Some of them were pretty rough inside, though that RCA 15" was actually fairly clean. The 21" RCA bw is gone. There were 2 CTC-53's, the one that donated its controls to Tim is gone, though I saved the crt which tested strong. The other one remains intact, with thoughts to turn it into a Frankenset sometime in the future. Dave gets the smaller color Zenith. I came close to junking the 4-tube but it was just too clean inside for that. (relatively speaking) Still free to a good home (no shipping.)

This was the first electronics recycling day that I've attended in years; I usually stay away for fear that I'll see something that I really want to rescue, but can't. Well...mostly there was the usual array of BPC and computer monitors. I did see a number of late 70s/early 80s Trinitrons. There was one heartbreaker among the pile: a pre-war Silvertone console radio, a decent model, too. I could tell it was multiband with a tuning eye, but didn't get too close. I did say something to the guy who seemed to be in charge but, though friendly, he didn't offer for me to take it. Maybe the company that handles this stuff will do something with it.

There are a number of things that I could have taken but just couldn't bring myself to: a 19" System 3 Space Command that works okay; a 13" Teknika remote set from the early 80s; lots of VCR's that need work. They all need to go, though.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

If you were closer to where I live, Id take them all !
Old 11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

bgadow,
You mention VCRs, do you have any older top-loaders, or non VHS formats (u-matic, beta, M-II, etc.)?

-Jon
Audiokarma