Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Duck, you sucker!

RCA Speaker Cloth

Anyone know where I can find replacement cloth for this RCA? The darn cat walked past it for years and never bothered it. One day she decided it needed adjustment. You can see the results.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCA B&W Cloth Small (1).jpg (64.0 KB, 57 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Grille cloth is harder to find than it used to be, when dozens of radio patterns were available. AES is one source, although their stuff is mostly for guitar amps:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

Radio Daze has reintroduced some radio patterns:

http://www.radiodaze.com/default.aspx

eBay is another source. When the old suppliers announced they were going out of business, I suspect some people bought up stocks and hoarded them for resale.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

So it was your cat that got my Fada 880! Certainly not my model citizen cat. (Wrings neck).
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
So it was your cat that got my Fada 880! Certainly not my model citizen cat. (Wrings neck).
My cat's too lazy to travel. One of the reasons I'm surprised she had it in her to go after this one.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Motorola Minion

Wow, at least your speakers seem spared. Psycho cat behavior for sure.
I have had the same problem with grill cloth on 1 or 2 of my floor model radios.

Fortunately our present feline attacks only wood posts in the basement after she tried to nail my speakers that have perforated-metal screens instead of foam or cloth.

To foil these primitive dependents, you need to make it very unpleasant to sink claws into.
Once you get a suitable replacement cloth, place a layer of window screen under the cloth, the real metal kind, not plastic.
Audiokarma
Old 08-12-2013, 10:46 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

I've had very good luck finding old draperies; as easy as asking elderly neighbors if they have any old draperies in the basement, or even at thrift stores they can be found. The material is heavy, but many styles look VERY close to that off-white RCA with gold threads in it, and same horizontal pattern.

Charles