Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

For Sale: 1973 Zenith Space Command Combo Unit!

I've got a 1973 Zenith combo with the space command 600X remote control. I just picked this up from the original owners, but can't keep it due to space constraints. I saved it with hopes that I could find a good home for it so it wouldn't get junked. It's the horizontal solid state chassis with varactor tuning. The best of the best, the 25DC56. This set is in pretty nice shape, a few minor marks on the cabinet but otherwise it's certainly something worth having if you've got the space. The radio/receiver works on both AM and FM with good reception, but the balance is a little off, having to favor the right channel a little more. A recap will fix that. I didn't test the phono, but assume it will need to be re-lubed like most of them. The TV doesn't work at all. When I found the set, I turned it on and noticed that the breaker was already popped. I reset it and I heard a slight hum from the speakers and immediately switched the set off before the breaker could pop again. It's most likely a shorted filter cap because of the humming in the speakers. The set is totally complete, even includes ALL of the original documentation in the Zenith envelope and the hanging tags that were on it when it was new. I also have the remote (all remote functions work by the way, relays work, tuner motor turns etc.) Also included are the sheet of channel number inserts for the tuner. Super nice set from a clean home. I'm selling it for what I paid: $60.00

Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

where ???
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
where ???
Check the upper right hand corner of his post...

If it was an Avanti (or similar), was free or if I did not think the folks would kill me for dragging home such a boat I'd have probably grabbed it already.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

that is a heavy monster ,i have a early 60's zenith the same size it took three of us to get it out of a basement.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

It just doesn't get any better than these sets. With a once over this would make a great daily driver for somebody.

Good to see you on here, drh-been wondering.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Bullies beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Check the upper right hand corner of his post...

If it was an Avanti (or similar), was free or if I did not think the folks would kill me for dragging home such a boat I'd have probably grabbed it already.
You would want such a thing for more than just the circuit boards and (delta gun?) CRT I hope? I was thinking the same thing about your post regarding the Chromacolor II.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM
M is for Memory

SS delta gun Zeniths, and Moto/Quasar WID sets are about the only SS sets that I like enough to preserve.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Bullies beware.

I didn't know that combo consoles were made that recently. Pardon my ignorance, but what's a WID set? Would something like the 1976 Quasar Satellite Control qualify? I noticed that those use a clicker remote with the same housing as my 1962 Motorola remote. I wonder if they emit the same frequencies...
Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-1926R View Post
I didn't know that combo consoles were made that recently. Pardon my ignorance, but what's a WID set? Would something like the 1976 Quasar Satellite Control qualify? I noticed that those use a clicker remote with the same housing as my 1962 Motorola remote. I wonder if they emit the same frequencies...
WID is short for "works in a drawer". Most all of the chassis innards is mounted on slide rails so looking from the front, right of the CRT, from the controls on down to the bottom of the speaker grill will pull out from the front. There's some lock tabs from inside the set that need to be released as well as making sure no wire bundles get tangled up.

Popular on late sixties/early seventies sets, starting with some hybrid designs into SS.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Bullies beware.

Thanks for the info Predicta-man. Adding that one to the memorized glossary...

On another note, yet another "server too busy" error message when trying to do something here, including entering this post. Man, the server has been about as reliable as a DeLorean lately.
Audiokarma
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Any takers?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Beautiful set. I would love it, but I couldn't come to Chicago now since I just went back to work after being off a year. The good stuff always seems to be to far away these days. I was up there to deliver a tv to Bob Andersen a couple of years ago and would loved to have seen your collection.