Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:08 PM
tube gear fanatic

WTB wellbrook loop ant ala1530 or pixel tech pro 1b

Hi ,antenna space being limited at my new place is forcing me to give up my tried and true alpha delta dx ultra so I'm looking for a good used version of one of the 2 mentioned antennas.please pm me or respond to this post with what you have and price.I'm open to other loop antennas but they must be able to be mounted outside and cover the shortwave spectrum.regards,Chris

real radios glow in the dark...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

I do not know anything about those specific antennas, but for shortwave listening in general, you should be able to build a loop antenna yourself at a very low cost. Something such as, make the antenna from common insulated wire and anchor it at the points you have available (two trees and the window edge where it will come into the house, for example), and at the point it goes into the house, possibly add a variable capacitor (200 pF or 365 pF maybe) then feed it to the radio with "ladder line" or TV-type "twin lead" wire. There should be plenty of online information or books available to get you going.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM
tube gear fanatic

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
I do not know anything about those specific antennas, but for shortwave listening in general, you should be able to build a loop antenna yourself at a very low cost. Something such as, make the antenna from common insulated wire and anchor it at the points you have available (two trees and the window edge where it will come into the house, for example), and at the point it goes into the house, possibly add a variable capacitor (200 pF or 365 pF maybe) then feed it to the radio with "ladder line" or TV-type "twin lead" wire. There should be plenty of online information or books available to get you going.
Thanks for the insight Chris but I'm more of the type of buy it and its done type person(instant gradification)on the same hand I have no trees and can't put up any poles,towers etc .I'm living in a side by side and I can basically put up a loop like I described or a vertical.I already have a discone antenna and a 9ft valour cab whip antenna hooked up so a outside loop or vertical is all I can do.I do have a nice alpha delta dx ultra that I had at my old qth that worked great but no longer can use which is my reason for looking for a new antenna.I don't want a indoor active antenna as I've never had any good results with those.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Well, until you find one of the antennas you mentioned, "plan B" could be to install your DX Ultra in any direction or shape that you have available out of one of your windows. It might work well even against the fences or a similar set-up.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 05-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

I understand the "instant gratification" idea well, and that is what would lead me to try to make something from common parts in nearby stores if I could, but buying a pre-built complete antenna is definitely convenient and simpler.

Audiokarma
Old 09-15-2013, 01:52 PM
tube gear fanatic

Bump... Still looking.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cant help with the ant but that National is
drop dead beautiful Wish it were mine.

73 Zeno
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 PM
tube gear fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Cant help with the ant but that National is
drop dead beautiful Wish it were mine.

73 Zeno
It was but unfortunately i had to sell it recently.