Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB: Two knobs for Admiral 24C15 console

I need two knobs to complete my Admiral 24C15 console TV. They have a metal rim and engage with slots on the outer part of the concentric shaft, where the inner knob turns one control (such as Contrast) and the outer turns another (such as Brightness).

The photo shows an example of the knobs that I need. I only need the metallic (outer) knobs.

You can send email direct by going to http://antiqueradio.org/contact.htm .

Thanks!

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

I regularly scout for knobs on epay. I have found a number of obscure knobs I've needed: one only has to be extremely patient.

The trouble is you'll probably find the one you need amongst perhaps a hundred others. And then you're obliged to buy the entire box. But if it's cheap enough, why not?

I am currently looking for an RCA TS630 channel selector knob and last week I spotted one amongst about 32 others. I was outbid as lot went for $62.

Remember when one could see the other bidders on epay? Over 10 years ago, I got in touch with a successful bidder of TV knobs who was willing to sell me the ones I needed. The downside of all the extra security these days means it's gotten tougher, if not impossible, to do this.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, I have been scouting knob lots on eBay, but no gold so far.

You can't see the identity of other buyers, but you could still contact the seller and ask him as a favor to forward a message for you to the winning bidder. Either of them might say No, but it costs nothing to ask. That has actually worked for me a couple of times.

I have a big pickle jar of knobs myself. Which reminds me, some time ago on this forum or ARF, a few guys set up a traveling knob exchange. There is a box of knobs and a list of people. Each guy in turn pays postage for the box, takes out something he might need, and throws in some more in exchange. A clever idea unless everyone is looking for the same few knobs. My pickle jar collection is about 90% 1960s-1970s knobs that I'll never use, and I doubt that other people would need, either.

Phil Nelson
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 AM
John Q

"I spotted one amongst about 32 others. I was outbid as lot went for $62."

I was a bidder on that lot too. I can't believe that I got out bid at 61 dollars. There were two Emerson knobs that I wanted out of that lot but there were several good knobs in that bunch. I contacted the seller and he said for sure he would let the buyer know that someone was interested in a few his winnings. I never heard from the buyer so I have no idea who got them but he or she must have wanted them pretty badly to bid that much.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Phil, I'm pretty sure I have the knobs you seek. I'm going out of town for a couple days and will check when I get back.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
John Q

Maybe we could pass around the box electronically. someone with a good selection of knobs could just post them on this blog and we could buy sell or trade. I know there are troves of them out there but getting collectors to post them is the challenge.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Someone here was going to put together a TV knob database years ago. I guess it never happened. I still need a Raytheon big red channel seletor and a set of Andrea knobs. On a side note once when I was scouting for tv knobs online I came across a lady who was turning old knobs into jewery. So $60 for a box could be cheap if they are being repurposed.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Posting photos online is way more convenient than shipping a box around the country. Good idea. (Creating a database is more hassle than it's worth, and anyway I have no clue what 99% of the knobs in my pickle jar belong to.)

Some of the photos on eBay are examples of what would be useful. They spread the knobs on the floor and took a high-res photo with enough detail to see each knob. You don't need an extreme closeup or precise dimensions for every knob. If somebody spots a likely candidate in Photo X, he can contact the owner for more details.

If enough people were interested, perhaps the exchange could be as simple as a new sticky thread in this forum. People could post photos of their assortments on Photobucket, etc., and include a link in the thread.

Phil Nelson
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

i might have one , maybe two , i will look if bandersen doesn't have one or have two

mike
Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Phil, I found some Admiral knobs for you. PM sent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (91.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM
John Q

Thought I'd post this contact information in case anyone is looking for the side knobs for the Philco Predicta Tandem.

Hello John,
I do sell the proper control knobs for your set. You need the off white knobs shown in my picture below. They are $33.00, plus your local county sales tax if you live in California, plus 3.00 shipping. If you live outside of California, no sales tax will be charged. Thank you. Larry Bordonaro. Old Time Replications. When sending payment for an order, please include a copy of your last e-mail correspondence only, in order to fulfill your order correctly. It is not necessary to include your entire e-mail correspondence.

Here is our address:
Old Time Replications
5744 Tobias Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91411

Phone – 818-786-2500
Fax – 818-909-0241
E-mail – oldtimerep@aol.com
Web site - http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com

Thank you – Larry Bordonaro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (44.3 KB, 10 views)