Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

FS: Various Books & GE M-51 Radio Chassis

All prices are plus shipping from 21632; PayPal is fine. Send me an email or PM, include at least your zip so I can calculate shipping. Here goes!

Books:
International Rectifier Corporation Solar Cell and Photocell handbook, softcover, 111 pages, 1963, $3

Designer's Guide to Fiber optics, AMP, Inc, softcover, 1982, 209 pages. $2

Machinery's Handbook Guide 23, hardcover, 1988, 230 pages, $1

GBC America Corp. operating instructions and service manual for Mini-Pro VR-622 CCTV camera, Japan, 31 pages, softcover, not dated, $1

GPL Operation and Service Manual, Precision Television System model PO-150, dates around 56-57, $2

Radio Shack Archer Engineer's Manual II, Integrated Circuit Applications, 1982, softcover, 128 pages, $3

GE Transistor Manual, 5th edition, includes tunnel diodes, 1960, softcover, 329 pages, $4

GE Transistor Manual, 6th edition, includes signal diodes, 1962, softcover, 456 pages, $4

Radio Shack Shortwave Listener's Guide, softcover, 1987, 129 pages, $1

International Rectifier Corp. Zener Diode Handbook, softcover, 1960, 96 pages, $3

The Radio Amateur's Handbook, ARRL, Special Defense Edition, 1942, 288 pages, softcover, $8

E.F.Johnson Messenger 123A installation & operating manual, 1973, 16 pages, 3 available, $3/each or 3/$7

Messenger 323A manual, 1975, 12 pages, $3

Sams Modular Hi-Fi book MHF-26, $2

General Electric M-51-A (built by RCA, I believe) that had a bad cabinet. Parting out as follows:

Chassis, with tubes, untested, includes dial (dark but unbroken.) Dial turns, good cloth cord, bad plug. $15

Dial bezel and plastic cover, cover has some scratches but not cracked, fair overall. $5

Grille cloth and cardboard backing, holes for speaker mounting screws, good overall. $5
Old 12-01-2014, 01:42 PM
M is for Memory

The dial on mine is about that dark too, so it was either made that way or normal aging...

That chassis could be only a set of filters away from working...That's all mine needed.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
The dial on mine is about that dark too, so it was either made that way or normal aging...

That chassis could be only a set of filters away from working...That's all mine needed.
I have a GE model M81. There is no Riders listings on the "M" models. My M81 is an eight tube model with PP 42's. Mine also has a headphone jack and switch, to silence the speaker. The seller thought that the jack and switch was added after market.
I found out later on, that GE sold this set as a communications receiver, per QST magazine. There was also an optional BFO unit, available.
The actual radio is the same as an RCA model 242.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Interesting about the discolored dials. Stromberg-Carlson models 82 and 83 also have the same problem, and perhaps other brands from 1934-35 era. My 82 looks dark red when illuminated.
Kevin
Old 12-01-2014, 10:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'd held onto that GE for a long time; the cabinet was badly damaged. I kept saying I'd someday be able to fix it, but got tired of waiting! I put it out at a few swap meets this year with no takers so the cabinet went in the trash; I did find a buyer for the speaker via the ARF.