Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Wanted:Tube Color or B&W Tv Set

I am looking for a Small (12"-20") Tube Set as my first Tube tv. I am just getting into vintage tv's so it does not need to be any thing fancy, all i want is for it to be a tube set i would like one that works but non working is ok as well. If any one has one locally that would be great (I live in Buffalo,Ny) But shipping is ok as well if it is not too big. Im only a teenager so i will have to rely on my parents to bring me there if it is local so in a way shipping would be better (obviously i would pay for it). Please post pics of the set and how much money you want for it. Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

if i was you being in new york ,i would check ebay i see more vintage tv's come out of that area then most, latley like new jerrsy area to ,i have smaller tube tv late 50's early 60's ill have check ext. what it is. but i would deffenently check ebay they want you to pick them up there, so it probley save you some money too.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Give it up, Kiddo...Get a SAFE hobby...Like smackin' Hornets' Nests w/a Baseball Bat...Runnin' Trains to crossings...Buryin' yr head in the quarterback's girlfriend's chest while he's standin' there...Seriously, you might put a "Wanted" ad in yr local Craig's List, or check the local newspaper for estate sales, yard sales...Sometimes you can get these things GIVEN to you for free, just for offereing to carry them off...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:22 AM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
if i was you being in new york ,i would check ebay i see more vintage tv's come out of that area then most, latley like new jerrsy area to ,i have smaller tube tv late 50's early 60's ill have check ext. what it is. but i would deffenently check ebay they want you to pick them up there, so it probley save you some money too.
I have been checking ebay but sadly so far the closest tv for local pickup is 150Miles away (I not rely near NY City) and my parents won't go out of town and that would be the only way i would get there. I did see a post on Craigslist of some buddy trying to sell 50's era sets because they wear moving but i emailed them and i got no reply and they removed there ad ): Shipping is somewhat my only way for now if it is not in the buffalo ny area . if you can check the tvs that would be great i know shipping may be hi but it is what it is also let me know how much you want for the set. I may have a deal with someone else on Video karma if there seller backs out but that is not a sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Give it up, Kiddo...Get a SAFE hobby...Like smackin' Hornets' Nests w/a Baseball Bat...Runnin' Trains to crossings...Buryin' yr head in the quarterback's girlfriend's chest while he's standin' there...Seriously, you might put a "Wanted" ad in yr local Craig's List, or check the local newspaper for estate sales, yard sales...Sometimes you can get these things GIVEN to you for free, just for offereing to carry them off...
I have been smack in Hornets alot this year already I did put a ad about a year ago and i got only one reply it was a early 1970's RCA and the guy wanted $480 for it i been trying every thing i can so far but it seems like they don't exist any more around here.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
60s Throwback

I've got an early 60's RCA b&w set that works well. It's a 'portable", approximately 19" screen, with the stand. It works well. If you're interested, let me know,and I'll post pictures of it. If you PM me your address, I'll also find out what the shipping costs will be.

Frank
Audiokarma
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

while you wait find that girlfriend . how much are you looking to spend , i have old one metal cabnet its kinda heavey i dont know what the shipping will be,i know how you feel kid when i was young i was always taking things apart and fixing them ,or making something else out of it. how old are you kiddo ? have your mom or dad email me maybe we can do something if consoleguy67 doesnt workout

Last edited by snelson903; 06-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:23 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleguy67 View Post
I've got an early 60's RCA b&w set that works well. It's a 'portable", approximately 19" screen, with the stand. It works well. If you're interested, let me know,and I'll post pictures of it. If you PM me your address, I'll also find out what the shipping costs will be.

Frank
PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
while you wait find that girlfriend . how much are you looking to spend , i have old one metal cabnet its kinda heavey i dont know what the shipping will be,i know how you feel kid when i was young i was always taking things apart and fixing them ,or making something else out of it. how old are you kiddo ? have your mom or dad email me maybe we can do something if consoleguy67 doesnt workout
My max now is $200 including shipping but i am having my high school graduation party in less then a week and i will get money from that as well so i will probably be able to go to $350-$400 after the party. I will keep you all updated on how it works out with consoleguy67
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 PM
60s Throwback

1961 rca b&w tv

Here are the pictures of the set. The stand is included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 682.jpg (73.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 683.jpg (87.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 685.jpg (50.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 686.jpg (68.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 688.jpg (73.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Talking Update!!

consoleguy67 and me almost have it figured out were just seeing what shipping companie is the best to ship it with I Will keep all of you updated!. i'm so excited to get my first tube set
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Glad to see you getting this set.... I'm jealous! But I'm also way down in San Diego :P

Saw the pic WITH that stand....and just LOVE it! The "period" stand really makes it!
Audiokarma
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
Glad to see you getting this set.... I'm jealous! But I'm also way down in San Diego :P

Saw the pic WITH that stand....and just LOVE it! The "period" stand really makes it!
i love the look of it to and the stand is a plus, it looks like it will be a nice first tube set for me
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Just seeing this post now, I'm in Cheektowaga.....but I don't want to spoil your current deal
Old 06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Just seeing this post now, I'm in Cheektowaga.....but I don't want to spoil your current deal
I am 98% sure the deal i have with consoleguy will work out but if it don't maybe we can work something out I just went to the super flea in Cheektowaga this past weekend (To buy a Apple computer but will be going back next weekend because it does not work right) and i found 2 1950's tvs with doors that close, i was going to buy one of them but when i opened it up it was all gutted only thing that was left was the speaker. they also had a 1930's-1940's zenith Radio console that looked to be all there but the speaker had a big hole in it. When i go back this coming weekend i will take a pic of them if they are still there. Also when i get the tv from consoleguy i will make a youtube video of it
Old 06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
M is for Memory

You can glue tares in speakers with caulk and patch holes with coffee filter paper if need be.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
You can glue tares in speakers with caulk and patch holes with coffee filter paper if need be.
Its to big for me and come to think of it it most have been missing the big speaker grill if i can see the speaker and the wood. It does have the chassi,tubes,power cord still there so it may somewhat still work with out being restored?. it was a very fine looking radio if it was not so big and i known the price i may have bought it. when i go back this weekend if it is still there i will take a pic and post it for every one and maybe ask the guy what he wants for it

Last edited by OS X; 06-12-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Audiokarma