Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Have you made any attempt to sell stuff locally, i.e. Craigslist? Or at least in the Free section of CL if no one is buying?

I've wanted one of those store tube testers for a long time, I'm too far away from you, but it's a shame to see one tossed out.

Also, you might list this stuff over at AK's Bartertown (if you're a Subscriber that is). Heavier traffic over there. I know I forget to come over to VK very often, and I'm sure there are other tube junkies who don't visit here often.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

interested in tv or radio

hello - I am looking into buying an old 50s mid century modern wooden tv or stereo cabinet/console for my living room. I live in Richmond, va and can pick up. It does not have to work. I just want it as furniture to place my turntable on/inside and to be a conversation piece. I can pay a bit. do you have any of this stuff left????? Please email me if so efitzger@hotmail.com
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sent email. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 AM
johnny the raster master!

do you have any 50s tv sets or portable radios from the 50s/60s
pm me

Looking for zenith cobramatic parts

-johnny the raster master!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotron View Post
do you have any 50s tv sets or portable radios from the 50s/60s
Thanks for the interest Radiotron. If you will review this thread back toward the beginning you will see pictures of the 40s and 50s radios and TVs that I have. Drop on by and grab a few. I don't keep anything that is not in pretty darned good condition. I have lots of tubes, test equipment, schematics, and literature as well. Someone will make a dandy score here if they ever can come to VA!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
Thanks for the interest Radiotron. If you will review this thread back toward the beginning you will see pictures of the 40s and 50s radios and TVs that I have. Drop on by and grab a few. I don't keep anything that is not in pretty darned good condition. I have lots of tubes, test equipment, schematics, and literature as well. Someone will make a dandy score here if they ever can come to VA!
va stands for vrginia right if so a guy is dropping off a set from there soon might have him get a couple of radios. or tubes.

Last edited by radiotron; 10-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
va stands for vrginia right if so a guy is dropping off a set from there soon might have him get a couple of radios. or tubes.
Indeed VA is for Virginia; Martinsville area, south-central near NC. Let me know a bit ahead of time what tubes you are interested in. Most of mine are radio and television from the beginning 01A to the early 60s. I have a compilation of typical TV tubes for later sets similar to Compactrons which need a home. I have no use for them. I still have quite a few NOS yokes and flybacks as well. Come on by, or send someone, to take a few items for the collection.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
Indeed VA is for Virginia; Martinsville area, south-central near NC. Let me know a bit ahead of time what tubes you are interested in. Most of mine are radio and television from the beginning 01A to the early 60s. I have a compilation of typical TV tubes for later sets similar to Compactrons which need a home. I have no use for them. I still have quite a few NOS yokes and flybacks as well. Come on by, or send someone, to take a few items for the collection.

Thanks!
proboby only 50s tubes mainly hv 6dq6, ib3 etc. might get a few flys
whats this going to cost?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
proboby only 50s tubes mainly hv 6dq6, ib3 etc. might get a few flys
whats this going to cost?
The cost depends on which radios you want. The fly's will be cheaper than the tubes. I actually use the same tubes that you listed. I would do a super great deal if you were to take all of the flys and yokes. I can send you a list, and there is one here at VK as well.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well folks, my efforts at making space are not getting me far. I figured that it would take some time and now I fear that I am going to get pushed by the new live in girlfriend to make more space for her stuff and end up in a pinch having to either part out or donate. I sure wish that everything I owned was a 60s "roundie" color TV! LOL! That seems to be the only thing (out of what I piictured) that people want.

Here's a deal! Come and buy what American Pickers calls a "bundle" and take the Zenith color and everything else as a package. Take the NOS flys and yokes with you as well, and some tubes. Somebody could come out smiling if they can make the trip...
Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Update: The 24" Zenith Space Command got parted out (what a waste), so I have the main chassis, remote chassis w/tuner. The 1956 (ish) Magnavox pictured is next to go. It is on my front porch if anybody wants to come pick it up. The set is in great shape with a squeaky clean vertical chassis with controls on top hidden under a sliding door. The crt tested shorted is the reason I am not going to proceed with keeping it going. I still have the rest of the radios, the RCA 8T-243 circa 1948 with a good 10BP4, AND the beloved by all Zenith 5111 metal cabinet color "roundie" which I may just keep.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
BigDavesTV

Hello Tubejunke! :-) Question, are any of the "Fly's" for RCA COLOR TV'S? Feel free to send me a PM, Dave.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Big Dave, if you can give me a Thordarson part #, I will be glad to check on a flyback for you. Well, the herd is finally getting thinner! The nice early 50s Motorola and 48 RCA pictured on the first page are still here and good opportunities for someone. And of course the holy grail 1964 Zenith 5111 color "roundie" is still around, but only because I really want to get that one going once all the clutter is out of the way. The right offer showing up in a pickup truck might take it, but I am holding out pretty much so far.

I wish I was one of these people who are lucky enough to have a Zenith color set of that vintage that is plug and play which many seem to be, but mine has a few issues albeit minor. I'm not much of a color TV tech if for no other reason I don't have the equipment to properly service one, so I am hoping to find a local (probably retired) service tech who is willing to go through the set so I can just enjoy it. Probably a long shot, but worth a try.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM
M is for Memory

Color sets are not that much harder than B/W. Most of the additional adjustments can be made without anything more than a test pattern DVD containing color bars, red screen, and white grid on black background.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 PM
BigDavesTV

Thanks, Tubejunke! I will check to see what the Thordarson Numbers are, and let you know! Bigdave.