Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK folks, I have pictures, model #s, and had a ton of PMs but I still have everything. I am a bit bummed that a 1964 Zenith 5111 is the focal point in the midst of at least a couple of nifty fifties sets that to me at least are more interesting, but it seems to be what everyone wants. This was more about needed space than making a ton of money so if you want the color roundie, bring a truck and take some other neat stuff. You can score some tube testers, and NOS flys and yokes while you are in town and make the trip well worth taking....
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

I let this thread fall by the wayside as I was saving the Zenith roundie as well as the 58 Space Command for a fellow who was fairly close by for pickup and really seemed to want the sets. Something changed on his end and I am still here with a lot of pretty nice stuff that someone can get. Radios, TVs, NOS and used tubes and testers, NOS flys and yokes! I REALLY want to thin out my stock folks so I can once again enjoy our hobby. If I had the real estate, I would not want to let go of any of it really, but my modest abode has me cramped up so bad I can't move the stuff around enough to have a little restoration fun. Also, I would like to see some of this stuff go to better use than gathering dust here.

Thanks,

TubeJunke
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Woulda LOVED the little RCA, but being in San Diego makes this not even a serious thought. Woulda been my first valid "antique" set...since my collection is all transistor (so the oldest I have is a 1961 Sony 8-301)

My first OLD set has to be small since I live in a flat. No room for the REAL fun stuff
Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
Woulda LOVED the little RCA, but being in San Diego makes this not even a serious thought. Woulda been my first valid "antique" set...since my collection is all transistor (so the oldest I have is a 1961 Sony 8-301)

My first OLD set has to be small since I live in a flat. No room for the REAL fun stuff
Thanks for at least considering the RCA. That little 8T-243 would make a nice addition to any collection, especially that of someone just starting to explore the great electron tube era. It would probably cost way more than the set is worth to get it across the country, then there is the destruction factor attached to shippers like U.P.S. and their careless handling of nearly anything fragile and clearly marked so. I remain surprised that this ad continues to prove to me that sets are way easier to find than to get rid of. I offered to give one person the Space Command if he would come take something else off my hands and still the deal fell through. I really just want to know that the sets and radios end up with someone who will enjoy them and take care of them as opposed to stripping the tubes out and taking them to Goodwill where some idiot will make a fish tank viewer out of them, or worse, they won't sell and they will throw them in the dumpster!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

I'm in eastern NC, east of Raleigh, and would drive up for the
RCA 8t-243, but after gas, would not be able to pay anything.
PM if this could be considered...........
Audiokarma
Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonk View Post
I'm in eastern NC, east of Raleigh, and would drive up for the
RCA 8t-243, but after gas, would not be able to pay anything.
PM if this could be considered...........
I sent you a PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Goodwill receiving here i come!

I am going to have no choice other than doing some Goodwill donations to make space. NO, it won't be the Zenith color "roundie" and it won't be the RCA 8T-243, but it's looking like the 58 Zenith Space Command and reluctantly a 1955 ish Magnavox floor model with hide away top controls will go.There is an early 50s Motorola 17" table model that might go. Last, a nice, working late 60s Sears Medalist insta-view hybrid will have to go.

Along with TVs and a lot of radios, there is all sorts of test equipment, literature, tubes, etc. that would be a treasure to the right person with a lot of space. I am not donating the stuff in this paragraph just to clarify. It's just things that somebody willing to drive to VA to save some old TVs might find of interest. I forgot to mention that I have an industrial Variac and a Lambda regulated power supply (full of metal 6L6s) that I would like to move. They weigh a ton! Really neat stuff though for the right person. Cut and dry, not enough time or space; got a potential significant other coming into the picture, AND I want to be able to enjoy our hobby and can't with clutter. Come on by before I have to load up for Goodwill
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Chasin roundies since '79

Too bad about the Maggie. I live too far away, tho...
Old 09-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Mark

Ahhh, too bad about the Zenith Space command, I wish I could get that but I'm just too far away and trying to save up for a car. Otherwise, I'd pay for it to be shipped to me. I really, really, wish for it to get a good home, not to be "fish-tanked" by whomever buys it at goodwill.....
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-1500TD, ER-420, SM-B201
Akai 4000DS Mk-II
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithfan1 View Post
Ahhh, too bad about the Zenith Space command, I wish I could get that but I'm just too far away and trying to save up for a car. Otherwise, I'd pay for it to be shipped to me. I really, really, wish for it to get a good home, not to be "fish-tanked" by whomever buys it at goodwill.....
What became of that big old sedan you had? Did it give up the ghost or did the ex take it?

Wish I had the money to go there too. That SC, the medalist, and some of the parts and test equip would be nice to have.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma
Old 09-22-2012, 10:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

It sure is good to hear that at least a few people would like to have this stuff. I feel absolutely terrible about what might become of the Space Command. The Medalist is neat, but doesn't seem like such a waste if it were to end up in the landfill. If I give it to
Goodwill, most people shopping there will not realize or even care that it is a working tube set. I guess that thing is from around 1969 or 70. By then sets had taken on a whole different look which ran up until the 80s. Not very interesting like the Space Command. Now the Magnavox I am struggling with. I found that set in an old hotel and it was a plug and play and worked great for years, then the flyback smoked out. I hung on to it for a long time (I bought this in the early 90s) till the Web allowed me to locate an NOS fly which I installed and the set had a really bad arching where the HV rectifier lead loops around the iron of the fly. That was a few years ago and I never tried to figure it out. This set has a chassis that you could eat off of. Really all of them do. Great projects!!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

Tossed: One retail tube tester with fluorescent lit sign above the settings catalog. I hated to do it. I used it at the store as a kid, but it was a bit impractical for regular use and space utilization in the home. I did save the signage plate for a decoration.....
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

What kind of magnavox is it? Do you have a picture?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

What does it weigh?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

I will have to move some things to find the model # of the Magnavox. It is a mid 50s floor model with a sliding door on top hiding the controls and the chassis is vertical surrounding the crt. It is a 21" and I haven't a clue what it weighs. If you are thinking about shipping I personally don't recommend it. There have been some real horror stories here over the years of receipt of a box of broken glass. I don't' think the set is pictured on this site, but I will see what I can do about posting one. I have a dial-up connection and picture posting is a bit tricky. I could zap you something on a cell phone. Either way, thanks for the interest. All of this stuff, be it mine or any other deserves to be preserved and appreciated.
Audiokarma