Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Must part with vintage radio & tv collection

I have a number of radios and TVs that need to go to a good home. The radios range from the 1920s to the 1950s and the TVs are mostly 50s models with the exception of a 1947 RCA 8T-243 and a 1964 Zenith metal cabinet color roundie. TVs would have to be picked up. I could ship the radios unless someone wants the lot. I also have parts (flys, yokes, and tubes). If you have a paricular interest you can PM me your email and I will send you pictures.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Bids anyone?

I might need to ask for bids on the Zenith roundie! It seems like that is the big attraction, but the one I least want to get rid of. I want to move most of the other 50s black and white stuff and radios more than anything. The Zenith is in good shape for it's age with some cosmetic wear on the front plastic. The woodgrain on the metal is in great shape. No staining around the crt which is strong. The set had a beautiful picture till the color went out and it has developed some jitters so I would say it would be a recap job, or at least some circuit repair. I need some ideas of the value of the RCA 8T-243 as well. Any input is welcome. I'm not trying to get rich, but I would like a fair market value....
Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

If it helps, my value (opinion only) for the RCA would be 50-100 dollars. Fifty dollars seems to be the going rate for a common 40s TV (when they actually sell) but I have seen Ebay auctions for them going as high as 100 dollars, so that is more of the top dollar value. Of course, the cabinet must be in nice shape, and the electronics unmolested/restorable.

The roundie probably around the same, since the metal cabinet is in nice shape and the crt is good.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, but I would tend to think that a strong 10BP4 crt would be worth a good chunk of the prices you mentioned; at least on the lower end. Same with the Zenith, a strong 21" round tube should be no laughing matter, and the metal cabinets are hard to find. I do appreciate the suggestion though and again, I'm not trying to gouge anyone or get rich. Hey Lancaster! My Grandparents live in Ephrata!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Have you posted any pictures of the items you are selling?

Thanks

Carl
Audiokarma
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Oh yeah, if you just took the crts out and sold them alone you would easily make that! Part of the old rule that parting something out will pull in more money.

Yeah, Ephrata is about ten minutes away from me. They boast the best record shop in the county, plus there are some interesting antique shops in the area.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pictures of items fo sale

Hi folks, I have so many interested parties that I am going to attempt to get enough pictures on this site to give you all an idea of what I have. For those interested in the Zenith 5111 color set it can be seen in another thread by me titled Zenith 5111 Comes To Life. I hope this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0035.jpg (74.1 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0034.jpg (63.9 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0033.jpg (67.0 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by Tubejunke; 02-04-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, that worked, but I guess a little explanation of what they are would be in order. The first is an early 50s Motorola, the second is a mid 50s Magnavox, and last is the RCA 8T-243 on top of a late 50s Zenith Space Command 24" job. All need some work, but crt's, flys, and yokes are all good.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here are some of the radios. These are all in good and for the most part complete cosmetic condition and vary in working condition. I just hope that this works for giving everyone an idea of what is here. Again, too many picture requests to fill individually. Also, not shown is an Atwater=Kent with horn. I think it's a model 20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg For Sale 002.jpg (60.6 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg For Sale 003.jpg (72.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg For Sale 004.jpg (111.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg For Sale 005.jpg (112.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg For Sale 007.jpg (68.3 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey folks, I will try to have some more radio shots later this week. And I hope all the Zenith roundie fans found that thread.
Audiokarma
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry for delays in adding radio photos folks. I am in the middle of changing jobs and a lot is going on. I was hoping that the existing pictures would bring some serious buyers, but I think this is dying on me with the exception of the number of people wanting the Zenith 'roundie'. No offers on anything yet. Somebody just bring a truck and load it all up and lets make a deal....
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Start putting up a list and prices, might help your sale
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Motorola Minion

Like Leadlike above..."Yeah, Ephrata is about ten minutes away from me." I am also on the way to E-fraida.

Post your stuff and I'll PM you what you could bring by and sell me. I have a few 70's-80's color sets I'd like to move out and make room for more 50's TVs. I like that SC Zenith and the Zenith 5111 of course.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

I will try to gather some model #s and post them as that is the advice I am getting. I was hoping that the pictures would be a better identifier (at least at a glance) than model #s, but I will do whatever it takes to get the ball rolling on this. I am doing something wrong I guess as I had so many interested parties originally that I had to simply post the pictures that I have (as opposed to individual email attachments) and the inquiries have slowed down. I had hoped that would allow either specific interests to come to light and go from there, or most preferably for an interested party to come and gather the items as a package deal. Shipping or delivering the stuff would not be cost effective and I feel in the case of TVs would be potentially destructive. If there is anyone who is more interested in TVs than radios I would consider a package deal on just TVs. This is not to say that individual sales are not an option, but my intention was to move the stuff rather quickly. I will do my best to meet the needs of any serious buyer. I have not posted prices as I have not set specific prices and I am open to reasonable offers. I hope this covers a few more bases for everyone interested. Thanks to all who have contacted me thus far. Also, I hope that anyone who requested pics in email will forgive my change of plans due to dial-up connection speed. I think that I have responded to PMs albeit without pics. If a deal is in the works and more pics than what are currently posted are required I can go to a remote location and provide pics via a high speed connection.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, tonight I have some information on the television sets. The set in the first picture is an early 50s Motorola 17-T8. In the second picture is a 1948 RCA 8T-243 (10BP4 CRT) sitting on top of a 1958 or 9 Zenith Space Command with chassis #18C24Q and it is a 24" set. The third photo is a Magnavox set with on top hide-away controls. There is no model # on this set, but the Sams (Set 350, Mar.1957) Folder lists the chassis as CMUA487AA 117 series. That is a general number and there are a number of variations. I picked the one pictured on the front page. And last but most popular is a 1964 Zenith model 5111 color set with the metal cabinet. Evidently that one needs little description to gather interest. All of these sets have good crts and flys! I am not posting prices as I would like to see what reasonable offers I could get for these items. I need to make some room and I am not trying to get rich. I will work with anyone who is interested and has the capability to pick the stuff up. There are other electronic treasures that may be desired like tube testers, NOS and used tubes, NOS flys and yokes, and more.
Audiokarma