Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

1951 RCA 17T172 for sale in MD

The trailer here in MD is overcrowded and some things have got to go. Among them is this 1951 RCA 17T172 console w/ doors. I only just picked this up a couple of months back and I know I probably won't get my money back from selling it as is or compete with bgadows prices but here goes.

I'm asking $75 for the set.I paid $65 for it and purchased both an RCA schematic and a similar Sams.Also mostly retubed it. You can see the new ones I haven't installed yet in their boxes laying by the chassis.You only need a 6AL5. I needed one for my Porthole(Shame on me...) So i got at least $100 in it and I'm selling it at a loss to move it fast I hope.

the cabinet is nice but not perfect.Has some scratches on top. It has been converted to a 20" all glass tube that tests over 600.Chassis produced a raster but I never did anything else with it.Needs recapping.

Needs to be picked up here in Willards,MD or arrange your own shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCA 17T172 001.JPG (143.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg RCA 17T172 002.JPG (134.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg RCA 17T172 003.JPG (120.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg RCA 17T172 004.JPG (145.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg RCA 17T172 005.JPG (127.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very nice cabinet-that might be the best looking back that I've seen!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
Very nice cabinet-that might be the best looking back that I've seen!
It is very nice. just some scratches on top.

Folks, Do I have to resort to to evilbay to find this tv a new home? it's been here for a couple of days as well as craigslist and not a bite yet.Not a single PM or email.

No one even wants my 60s Seeburgs I've been hawking over in the jukebox forums either.

I guess my stuff is junk and no one wants it. I would really, really hate to dump it.

Last edited by JCFitz; 06-08-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

You know what always gets me? Folks will come on and brag about finding a '51 RCA that they paid $100 or $200 for, everyone will pat them on the back....or, someone will post about a '51 RCA turned into a fishtank and everyone will get real upset...well, come on, guys! One of "us" has a set, desperately needs to move it, and nothing! I've been trying to unload plenty of my own stuff (see my thread!) for years now. Guess I'll have to advertise it as fishtank material. I've had to do it before. A couple mid-50s bw consoles I had ended up that way.

I have had decent luck selling sets like that on ebay. The ones I have done never brought more than the opening bid but they did sell, which was all that matters. Met some good folks, too.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
You know what always gets me? Folks will come on and brag about finding a '51 RCA that they paid $100 or $200 for, everyone will pat them on the back....or, someone will post about a '51 RCA turned into a fishtank and everyone will get real upset...well, come on, guys! One of "us" has a set, desperately needs to move it, and nothing! I've been trying to unload plenty of my own stuff (see my thread!) for years now. Guess I'll have to advertise it as fishtank material. I've had to do it before. A couple mid-50s bw consoles I had ended up that way.

I have had decent luck selling sets like that on ebay. The ones I have done never brought more than the opening bid but they did sell, which was all that matters. Met some good folks, too.
Maybe they just don't like driving to Maryland..I dunno.I know members are close enough to drive here and back home in less than a day.Guess I'm listing it this weekend on you know where.It's now officicially on ebay.

Last edited by JCFitz; 06-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Audiokarma