Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Parting out 59 space command 24"

I can't sell it, I can't give it away(as a set), so I am going to hope that this beautiful set's parts can do some good for someone, and I can break even on time and money in the set. Everything behind the back cover is like new! I would think that at least someone would buy the remote chassis. The CRT is great, but I'm not mailing a CRT. Anyway, this is the last post I will do on this set. I have a Zenith color "roundie" that I want to get into and sometimes you just have to liquidate!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
hposter

59 Zenith

Do you have a photo of the TV? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

For right now, there is a picture in the following thread:

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=248605

The set we are talking about is in the rear and to the left with an old 40's RCA sitting on top of it. If the shortcut doesn't work, then look in the Early Color Television section of this site. I only have this one picture for now and this site will not let you post the same picture more than once; I tried. I will try to post a new one this weekend unless this one is good enough to see what is needed.

It's a travesty to part out the set really, but I don't know what else to do anymore. It seems like if the CRT is not a "roundie" and either color or B&W from the 40's, then it seems like nobody wants it that is close enough to come and get it. It may need a vertical output transformer and I know it needs a coil in one of the IF stages. To me, the set looks like it had trouble when it was nearly new and somebody just stored it all these years. I say this because the CRT is BRIGHT, and all but maybe one or two tubes were factory Zenith originals. Also, little if no soot in the HV cage and on the CRT. Frankly, I wish that I had the time, money, and room to get it going. It would make a GREAT daily viewing candidate.