Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Sorry for the delay in getting out knobs to those that have asked for any. My clutch finally went out after 14+ years of heavy city driving. I got it fixed and I'll get over to the PO ASAP.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

I didn't mail that motorola knob until this morning either. I hurt my foot while carrying that '74 Zenith Avanti 25" color console into the house, it swelled up so much I couldn't really move around too good for several days.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Thanks. I've sent all the requested knobs out - you should get them soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
electronics packrat

About that Admiral knob missing the brass piece-I know it's a volume knob, but do you happen to have the VHF tuning knob that matches it? I've been hunting for one for over a year with no luck.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Sorry, I don't think so.

I was going to point you to this set, but it just ended http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200456240370
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

More knobs

Here's another batch of knobs. Click for a hi-res version.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Restoring Moto VT71s

I picked up yet another big box of knobs. Click on the photos for a larger version.

The only early knobs I recognized are three RCA and an Emerson 639 channel knob. They're at the bottom.

I also have a complete set of RCA 6T74 knobs, a few GE locomotive knobs and an Admiral power/volume knob but it's missing a brass insert.

Click a picture to see a larger version.

RCA, GE and Admiral knobs
Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Bob-

I can definitely use your GE knobs, for my non-Locomotive set (the same chassis but in a wooden cabinet) that I put a group of miscellaneous knobs on years ago (some of which are RCAs like the ones in your same picture). I just picked up two TVs that need knobs (an RCA 8TS30 and a DeWald '630 clone) that I should check for what is needed as well. Please send me a note and maybe we can work something out. I will check my sets and extra knobs as well. Thanks.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 09-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetone36 View Post
About that Admiral knob missing the brass piece-I know it's a volume knob, but do you happen to have the VHF tuning knob that matches it? I've been hunting for one for over a year with no luck.
I think I have the Admiral Ch knob you need, but it's also missing half the brass trim. Possibly the trim is the same as the half in the volume knob bob has?

Let me know if you still need it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Admiralknob.jpg (79.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Workin' Late Again

I'm also in need of one of the small clear RCA CTC knobs with the gold paint on the back side. Probably the same one Phil is after, so I'll consider myself second in line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CTCknob.jpg (109.2 KB, 7 views)
Audiokarma
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
Bob-

I can definitely use your GE knobs, for my non-Locomotive set (the same chassis but in a wooden cabinet) that I put a group of miscellaneous knobs on years ago (some of which are RCAs like the ones in your same picture). I just picked up two TVs that need knobs (an RCA 8TS30 and a DeWald '630 clone) that I should check for what is needed as well. Please send me a note and maybe we can work something out. I will check my sets and extra knobs as well. Thanks.
I have one of those GE 806s too. Very nice cabinet design I think
I have a bunch of the inner and outer 630 type RCA knobs. Sorry no channel knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
I think I have the Admiral Ch knob you need, but it's also missing half the brass trim. Possibly the trim is the same as the half in the volume knob bob has?

Let me know if you still need it.
I'm pretty sure it's the same brass trim. I'm thinking a replica could be cut from thin brass sheet stock. Perhaps pop out the one existing piece and paint both sides with metallic spray paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
I'm also in need of one of the small clear RCA CTC knobs with the gold paint on the back side. Probably the same one Phil is after, so I'll consider myself second in line.
As I recall I did send some to Phil a while back that were a close match. I might have some more.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

If you still have a channel changing knob for a Magnavox TAC set that isn't stripped, I could use one. My set is the '70-'71 model, and there is one big as life in the first picture in this thread. First box, middle right.

Last edited by magnasonic66; 09-04-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: better wording
Old 09-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Bob, going back to your picture from 10-09 the knobs circled in the picture below might be what I need for my Westinghouse.

Also can you give me the diameter of the knob with the arrows pointing to it in the second picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knobscircled.jpg (11.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg swknob.jpg (8.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I have one of those GE 806s too. Very nice cabinet design I think
I have a bunch of the inner and outer 630 type RCA knobs. Sorry no channel knob.

I'm pretty sure it's the same brass trim. I'm thinking a replica could be cut from thin brass sheet stock. Perhaps pop out the one existing piece and paint both sides with metallic spray paint

As I recall I did send some to Phil a while back that were a close match. I might have some more.
Please shoot me a pm if you run across one.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith Knobs..

I'm looking for some better knobs for my "faux ugly" Zenith that I have posted about. I see you have some of the darker colored ones but let me explain what I'm looking for.

At least, I would like a volume knob if you have one that is in less than nice condition. As you can see from my picture, I'm missing the bright finish ring on mine and I would salvage that to install/glue on mine. My channel selector is in ok shape and since I don't see you having the lighter color one's I can be content with the one I have. It has some chips along the edges but it doesn't take away from its overall appearence.

My control knobs are in poor shape and I've done my best to try to glue them together as they are quite brittle. There are two shaft styles of each, the "D" shape and the "round/serrated" type. As you can tell from the side shot that these are not the recessed style. I don't know it these came in a different color but I'd settle for something functional as long as all four match in appearence and length.

Please PM me, Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00247.jpg (64.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00246.jpg (28.7 KB, 13 views)
Audiokarma