Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sylvania Halolight

Does anyone know if a flickering "halolight" can be fixed? It flickers constantly, as soon as the tv is turned on. Also, I am trying to find the sams photofact for model 21T103B.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Administrator

I believe the Halolite uses a neon style transformer with a resistor set to dim it. I don't recall the value of those resistors, but from what I know replacing those should sure the issue.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Old TVs are better!

I recently got a hold of a Sylvania Halolight 21C501B, which I am in the process of recapping. The Halolight uses 2 4.7K 2watt resistors in series with the halolight tube. Mine also flickers some, but I'm gonna leave it for now, as when it is on for a while the flickering seems to go away. I believe different models used different resistors and some had a switch for a low, med, and high brightness. The sams is available on E-bay for just $4.99. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photofact-Fo...-/370524051567 Photofact 300-10 I would believe that if you took out the neon-flourescent tube along with the transformer and took it to a sign shop they could make a new replacement for it, since they do all kinds of neon and fluorescent signs like that for commercial businesses. I have the sams 352-16 for my set that I have and if you want copies of it, let me know, I will copy them and send it to you. The sams I have may or may not be similar to your set.