Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Banned

This one's for you Dude111! I think you'll like what's inside, have a Look!

This post is for Dude111 and anyone else who can appreciate unremastered copies of classic movies, this one in particular is an especially remarkable find, its a 1985 release on RCA/Columbia Pictures VHS of Monty Python and the Holy Grail that is completely unaltered from the original, no digital remastering, no digital sound track all original analog video and audio, which I think any analog afficianado would appriciate this find. I found this copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail today at Goodwill (where I work) and only paid 29 cents for it (which I'm sure its got way more value than that to any analog video afficianado). Anyways Enjoy the wonderful analog goodness!

Cheers,

Levi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160924_120858.jpg (77.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 09-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Stuck in the past!

He'll like that one. Good original VHS is always a good find.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Thanks, I like it too, and for 20 cents at goodwill you can't go wrong! anyways the only problem now is that I think I ruined this timeless classic when I used it to test out a VCR I had gotten from Goodwill (the same one I work at and the same one Igot this tape at) and the VCR ate the tape and crinkled up the tape pretty badly it was at the very beginning of the tape too which I'm hoping it was just previews at the beginning of the tape if not then it probably ate into the beginning of the movie itself.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Thanks, I like it too, and for 20 cents at goodwill you can't go wrong! anyways the only problem now is that I think I ruined this timeless classic when I used it to test out a VCR I had gotten from Goodwill (the same one I work at and the same one Igot this tape at) and the VCR ate the tape and crinkled up the tape pretty badly it was at the very beginning of the tape too which I'm hoping it was just previews at the beginning of the tape if not then it probably ate into the beginning of the movie itself.
Word to the wise: get a 20cent beater test tape to save your good tapes. Some crappy workout video, or that random 90's time share promo someone dumped would be perfect.

If you ignore this advice and complain about ruining another good tape we shall have to ask you "three questions" to confirm then sick "The Beast" from that movie on you.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 09-29-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Word to the wise: get a 20cent beater test tape to save your good tapes. Some crappy workout video, or that random 90's time share promo someone dumped would be perfect.

If you ignore this advice and complain about ruining another good tape we shall have to ask you "three questions" to confirm then sick "The Beast" from that movie on you.
Well surprisingly enough the tape is still watchable yet even in spite of the damage done to the tape, the only thing I've noticed is that with the tape (and I don't know if its the tape or if its the VCR needing its heads cleaned or what) for some reason even on the good undamaged parts of the tape the Hi-Fi Audio Tracks cut in and out between Hi-Fi Stereo and Normal Linear Stereo Audio, which is kind of annoying, I haven't tried a newer Hi-Fi Stereo Tape in the machine yet but it seems that my machine will definitely need at least a good head cleaning, and the machine I'm referring to is my recently acquired JVC high end VCR which does work.
Audiokarma
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76
Yes... RCA/Columbia put out GOOD stuff until 1990 and then "digitally mastered" garbage started appearing from them also
Old 09-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes... RCA/Columbia put out GOOD stuff until 1990 and then "digitally mastered" garbage started appearing from them also
Yep, I've also got an all analog copy put out by the same company as this copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail of George Lucas' Classic film "Willow".
Old 10-01-2016, 03:57 AM
Analogue is Awesome

I tell ya the difference between RCA/Columbia and COLUMBIA TRISTAR isnt even funny!!!! (Thats what they became later)

I had a COLUMBIA TRISTAR release of ABOUT LAST NIGHT (1986) and it was disgusting!!!! -- Light colours....... Crappy audio,etc.....(Not good @ all)

I then found an original RCA/COLUMBIA release and its gorgeous!!!!!!

To this date the only GOOD columbia/tristar movie I have found is REAL GENIUS (1985) -- Straight analogue ....... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! (Like watching it on analogue cable) I was very happy as this is my favourite 80s movie!!! (I was worried when it came it would be DIGITALLY MASTERED garbage but not only is it not,ITS THE ORIGINAL ANALOG VERSION! (Before it was digitally re-recorded and it looks like crap))
Old 10-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I tell ya the difference between RCA/Columbia and COLUMBIA TRISTAR isnt even funny!!!! (Thats what they became later)

I had a COLUMBIA TRISTAR release of ABOUT LAST NIGHT (1986) and it was disgusting!!!! -- Light colours....... Crappy audio,etc.....(Not good @ all)

I then found an original RCA/COLUMBIA release and its gorgeous!!!!!!

To this date the only GOOD columbia/tristar movie I have found is REAL GENIUS (1985) -- Straight analogue ....... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! (Like watching it on analogue cable) I was very happy as this is my favourite 80s movie!!! (I was worried when it came it would be DIGITALLY MASTERED garbage but not only is it not,ITS THE ORIGINAL ANALOG VERSION! (Before it was digitally re-recorded and it looks like crap))
Yep, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for un-remastered videos at Goodwill for now on, especially since I can get them for 20 cents a pop.