Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

It was their top of the line combo from 1964, only top of line models used that belt drive changer thru 1969. The changer was not made by VM, it was developed jointly
by Zenith and CBS in 1961.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

TV chassis is 25LC20 QS.

Tuner chassis is 11L8T25

Amp chassis is 8LT25
Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Dah-Yum....Tony Soprano & co. could hide a BUNCH of "Whack Jobs" in that one... That must have been the TOTL, or very close to it, set back then...
Sandy, didn't you have a Zenith roundie something like this one (yours being in a vinyl-clad metal cabinet, IIRC) several years ago? I remember you writing in a post about five years or so ago (I'm guessing) that you had a Zenith roundie that was missing the channel selector knob, and maybe having other problems. Did you ever find a replacement for the missing knob, and did you ever get that set working? Just curious. If you did get that set going, being a Zenith, it would work very well on a DTV converter box or on cable.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 06-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

Anyone know where I can get a replacement idler wheel and belt for the micro touch 2G turntable?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Top of the line, and the year I was born. The high end belt drive Zenith made Micro-Touch changer is a major sign of a TOTL Zenith console. This set is beautiful. And a TOTL combo to boot.
Audiokarma
Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

Have done a little bit of work over the past couple of weeks. I've blown out the dust from inside the cabinet and have carefully sponged everything down to get the thing clean. After about 4 coats of Howard's Golden Oak, the cabinet is looking pretty decent, but I need some to do kind of a finish coat,as the cabinet is now a little dull. Should I do lacquer, tung oil, Howard's neutral, or paste wax. I know that older radios have a lacquer finish, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a mid 60's console. Suggestions?

I slowly brought the radio and amp up on a variac. Haven't tried the TV out yet. Both the radio/preamp and the SS amp work well and the set sounds great. No appreciable heat on any of the electrolytic cans after running the set for a couple of hours. The "bad channel" that the previous owner mentioned turned out to be a dirty switch on the radio. After cycling the pushbuttons a couple of times, the intermittent seems to have disappeared. Probably should clean those switches when I get around to recapping the set.

Took the turntable out and cleaned and lubricated it. Got it to run in manual mode, but it still gets hung up in auto......sounds like I need to do a bit more cleaning and lubing under there. Bought a new needle and played a few records in manual mode. Sounds great.

Bought a complete set of 8 duplicate speakers on the bay that were taken from a similar console.....just in case I needed them. Looks like I won't need them, so I'm thinking of having some custom cabinets built and using them as a pair of remote speakers for the set.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:11 AM
M is for Memory

This thread prompted me to grab a nearly identical set. Except in mine there is no TV and thus a different cabinet(which I think has a cooler look :P ). I'll try to get to posting a thread about it in the next 24hrs.

I like that 'remote speakers made from a duplicate set of the same speakers as in the set' idea...Wish I had the speakers to do it like you can!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

Hey Tom, looking forward to seeing your set. What style of cabinet?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
M is for Memory

Modern, but not danish.......

Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
This thread prompted me to grab a nearly identical set. Except in mine there is no TV and thus a different cabinet(which I think has a cooler look :P ). I'll try to get to posting a thread about it in the next 24hrs.

I like that 'remote speakers made from a duplicate set of the same speakers as in the set' idea...Wish I had the speakers to do it like you can!
No TV? Did someone gut that part of the set before you got it, or is yours just stereo and phono? If the TV part of the cabinet is empty, I'd look for a junker set with the same type of TV chassis yours had, and slip that into the opening. From what you said, however, I think your set is just the stereo and phonograph.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma
Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 PM
M is for Memory

I now have a thread on it here to satisfy the curious..... http://www.videokarma.org/showthread...76#post3040776

It never had a TV in it BTW.