Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
AK Member

Andrea Color TV's

Andrea...........Anyone out there got one?
I just ran across a brochure for "The Grand Imperial Series" 25" sets.
I assume it's from the late 60's, but it has no date on it. I found this while looking for an old Muntz Color TV brochure and price list. Was looking for that after running across an old post here about Muntz. While in high school I sold and installed Muntz 4 track car stereos.
John
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 PM

You might ask about the Grand Imperial on the forums over at antiqueradios.com. There is a member over there who worked for Andrea in the 50's and 60's.

Andrea was started by the same guy as FADA, Frank Angelo D'Andrea. FADA goes back to the earliest days of radio. Andrea dates back to the mid 30's. Andrea Radio was one of the earliest TV manufacturers, and their prewar model 1F5 is a holy grail set to many collectors. FADA also made TV sets. More FADA/Andrea history here:

http://classicradiogallery.com/fada_history.html

I don't have any Andrea sets. They're extremely uncommon out here in Washington State. I'll bet there are at least a couple 1F5 owners here on AK

John
Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Andrea put out some very nicely built sets...I have not seen anything of theirs from the sixties but I have seen the Sams and other references to these sets. It would be interesting to know the history behind their later equipment. I'll have to do some digging, I may have some materials on them.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

I have seen some ads for Andrea round-tube color chassis, advertised for building into the wall or into custom cabinetry.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have posted a picture from an article on new 1968 Color TV sets. The description: "Andrea's top-of-the-line color model for 1968 is truly unique. Aptly labeled "Theatre in the Round," this combonation model is constructed on a swivel base which permits 360 degree rotation. The unit contains a 23" color TV, solid state stereo amplifier with a Garrard 60 MKII turntable, and a solid state AM-FM radio equipped with FM mulitplex. Other new Andrea color models for '68 include threee 23" consoles, one of which is a rollabout design."

In the 1967 guide it mentions that the Andrea chassis uses three video amplifier stages. In the 1969 guide they mention only one model, #VCX325-5, a 23" console with printed circuits & remote with a list price of $1065.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007_0131Image0049.JPG (69.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
AK Member

Andrea Brochure

Here is two pages from a late 60's or early 70's Andrea Brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Andrea Color TV.PDF (577.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow
I have posted a picture from an article on new 1968 Color TV sets. The description: "Andrea's top-of-the-line color model for 1968 is truly unique. Aptly labeled "Theater in the Round," this combonation model is constructed on a swivel base which permits 360 degree rotation. The unit contains a 23" color TV, solid state stereo amplifier with a Garrard 60 MKII turntable, and a solid state AM-FM radio equipped with FM multiplex. Other new Andrea color models for '68 include three 23" consoles, one of which is a rollabout design."

In the 1967 guide it mentions that the Andrea chassis uses three video amplifier stages. In the 1969 guide they mention only one model, #VCX325-5, a 23" console with printed circuits & remote with a list price of $1065.
I've actually saw one of these in person before and had thought that they were very unusual but interesting at the same time. I guess they were really popular back in the day when the manufactures would put tv/stereos in coffee tables, end tables, ect. I do remember that it had a great picture on it. I've seen a couple of these thru-out the years posted on Ebay and they usually fetch a good buck. Definately rare as hens teeth these days.
-Tony
Old 02-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Here's an add for their modular roundie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andrea Modular 1 small.jpg (64.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Andrea Modular 2 small.jpg (121.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
AK Member

Old Andrea's

I ran a service call on one back in the 60's on one of the built in models, but can't remember if it was B&W or a color set.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Andrea TV Circa 1969

Hello out there,

This thread was found after an extended search for info. Does anyone connect with this thread. I'm looking for the attachment regarding the Andrea Televisions of that era

thanks
Audiokarma
Old 02-29-2024, 12:12 PM

I can't reload images because I have reached my limit, so I posted them to Flickr here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/old_tv...77720315142977
Old 03-01-2024, 06:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ah, many thanks. This is close. The one I was interested in was LIKE the "Theatre in the Round". Mine was squared, on a pedestal, only the 23" TV, full tambour door front. The top side slid open to expose the motorized tuner
RJ
Old 03-02-2024, 06:51 PM
M is for Memory

A year or two ago someone brought that round combo to the ETF, but the TV had been gutted. I could have had it cheap, but I can't ever imagine finding a TV to fit it and frankly have far too little room left.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4