Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Banned

Show us your vintage color sets!

I didn't start collecting vintage color when I first started collecting vintage TV's with round CRT's but the idea popped into my head one day (hey, these have round CRT's too) and I've been collecting them now for about 3 years. I think it is really cool to hear a 40 year old vintage TV crackle back to life and the B&W ones just don't do that unless something is very wrong.

The other neat thing I think about the vintage color sets is that much moreso than the B&W's, these are sets that after you restore' em you can actually watch 'em!

I just scored a metal cabinet tabletop 1962 RCA CTC-11E yesterday with a practically mint fake wood finish and the untrasonic remote option (rare). Today I'm refinishing a set of screw-in legs salvaged from a coffee table at the dump (local recycling center) and I'm going to have this set standing up, cleaned up and hopefully plugged in today. I'll post a pic later.

I'm sure I and the lurkers out there would love to see what round screen color TV's are in people's collections so how 'bout sharing pics and stories guy's!

Rob

Last edited by Rob; 06-27-2002 at 01:26 AM.