Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2019, 05:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Scott 6T11 crt hood ?

Finally got the mirrors back from Spectrum Coatings for the Scott 6T11 I've been trying to bring back to life. When I got the set it was missing the CRT so I don't know how it was originally installed. There is a thick paper "hood" that is held to the CRT with a rubber band. The problem is the SAMS doesn't give any indication of how this hood is to be aligned. Should it be at the top of the tube face, i.e., facing the lens, or at the bottom shielding the 45 degree mirror? I have it in the former position now and it seems to be creating a shadow on the lens. I know some of you have the Scott projection set so hopefully someone can provide a definitive answer.

In addition the vertical centering control doesn't seem to do much. It will shift the picture up and down a little but not as it should (maximum "UP" occurs in the center of its rotation. This is a pot with a center tap. I'm assuming the tap is open. Does anyone have a replacement you'd part with?

Thanks for your input.