Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Just FYI....

I had actually talked about you at the Rochester radio show to a fellow TV enthusiast, and mentioned your products on eBay. He said, "yeah, I've seen his auctions for the backs. Nice quality stuff, but his prices are ridiculous."

Ya might want to think about lowering your prices if you want to move more of em. A lot of people simply don't want to spend $80 for a part on a $300 television that is always pointed against the wall.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Perhaps my supplier could make them cheaper for me in the future if I ordered them made in larger quantities. As I recover some of the initial costs associated with getting this started, perhaps the prices can be lowered even more. I'll review my costs and determine the minimum selling price at which supplying them remains worthwhile. What price did you have in mind? Initially, the idea came from my selling a recapped 721TS for over $1,000 and from my having a couple of very nice 630's with missing backs. For a $1,000 tv, $81.00 is not a bad price for a back. Same for the 621TS (reportedly worth $2,500) and 630TS ($1,500). The initial run of 630 backs led to requests for 621 and 721 backs, which I immediately began to develop. I'll continue researching and I'll work out the economics to see if the price can be lowered.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile RCA 621TS back repro

Way to go with the back repros! I have been away and missed the whole thread until I checked it last night. If I can I would like to buy one of the RCA 621TS backs, when they arrive, if you have enough. LMK. Also, that metal hole guard on the pictured back in your earlier thread, that looks like a standard metal grommet, like you can get at the hardware store for use on tarps and the like. They are brass, but paint oughta make it darn close.
Marlin Mackley
Old 09-19-2002, 02:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Anyone know where I can get replacement static-convergence magnets (the plastic slide type) for my Admiral set? The same type are used on RCA sets. Also, I need to track down some 630TS/721TS channel/tuning knobs (2) for my Fada TV30 and my 630TS and a 6"x9" 4-ohm woofer for my RCA CTC11. Someone also asked me to find a flyback for a Predicta.