Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:40 PM
altman

Vintage 1956 RCA VICTOR Color Television TV #21-CT-8787

Vintage 1956 RCA VICTOR Color Television TV #21-CT-8787
The Lockhaven * Chassis CTC5F, 5H(U) * Limed Oak Grain
Item number: 5790822238

Hi Guys:

Decided to sell. No time to fix it. It's still in Omaha at Craters and Freighters. Hope one of you folks pick it up. It's a Honey!

Regards,
Larry A.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 07-19-2005, 08:56 PM
<-- sucker for old sets.

That is a beautiful set. I would love to own a roundie. Now I just need 500+ dollars and extra $$$ to ship it to so cal....
Old 07-28-2005, 11:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Y'know, I've been watching this, and now I'm actually thinking of bidding on this thing. Call me crazy, and it's a lot of money, but it's within easy pick-up distance for me, and it just seems so... *lonely*. . I'm going to contact Craters and Freighters in the morning first though to see if they're open on Saturday and if there would be any storage (or other) fees due if I were just to pick up the set from the warehouse rather than actually use their crate/ship services.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Okay, looks like I'm not going to bid after all. I contacted Craters and Freighters, and the set had already been crated and packed. ...Which means I'd end up having to pay the crating charge even if I picked it up in person. I will say the person I talked to at C&F was quite nice, though, and even knew exactly what it was I was asking about just by mentioning that it was an eBay auction. She was going to call me back after looking up the crating charges, but hasn't yet. I'm guessing that it'd be at least $100 or so, though, which really puts the total price rather too high for my taste anyway. Also, while I know the TV set itself would fit in my vehicle without fuss, I seriously doubt the crate holding it would fit, so I'd have to unpack the thing first, making the whole crating thing a total waste of $$$ and time for me. Plus, they're not open on weekends, which would present another problem, since I'd probably not be able to pick it up next week. So, I'm just going to let it pass...

In any case, there's three hours left if anyone else wants to go for it! At least it's already been crated, so if you were thinking of buying it and having it shipped anyway, all the work has already been done!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 12-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Andy:

The bidder is a collector friend of mine here in southern California.

Steve
Old 07-29-2005, 04:38 PM
<--1956 300B

I thought about jumping in again. I let it go. I am happy with the CTC 9 I just bought. I can't wait to hear the news on this one.

polaraman
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

I of course wouldn't mind having it, but I just bought a house and actually start moving tonight. I also am un-sure if this sale is totally on the up and up, so I decided to pass as well.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

someone picked it up

I really WANTED this set but have already overspent this month. Don't know person, but going to a TV collector.