Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:27 AM
AK Member

Am I okay to show a British round-tube set? We never actually had round-tube colour sets over here except for the ones which were used for experimental or training purposes - Some British-built, and some shipped over from the US. This one is a 625-line PAL set made by Bush in 1963-ish. I haven't had to do an awful lot to get it going, but I have bodged the burst-gate to get the PAL switch and subcarrier regenerator to operate correctly and that will need fixing properly sometime soon. The attached picture of the set (model CVB100) is quite small, there is a bigger picture at: http://www.oldtechnology.net/misc/CVB100.jpg

Kind regards.

From Mike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CVB100-Small.JPG (105.2 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey405 View Post
Am I okay to show a British round-tube set?

... I have bodged the burst-gate to get the PAL switch and subcarrier regenerator
From Mike.
OK to show? It's marvelous!

Couldn't find "bodge" in my English-to-American dictionary, but as long as it worked, I guess it's OK
Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Mike,

Your 625 line Pal roundie is fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Seems there was quite a bit of experimentation with color tv across the pond in this period.

-Steve D.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's incredible!

I have wondered what sort of color set would have been in England. I bet such a TV was in Buckingham Palace and the homes of The Beatles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey405 View Post
Am I okay to show a British round-tube set? We never actually had round-tube colour sets over here except for the ones which were used for experimental or training purposes - Some British-built, and some shipped over from the US. This one is a 625-line PAL set made by Bush in 1963-ish. I haven't had to do an awful lot to get it going, but I have bodged the burst-gate to get the PAL switch and subcarrier regenerator to operate correctly and that will need fixing properly sometime soon. The attached picture of the set (model CVB100) is quite small, there is a bigger picture at: http://www.oldtechnology.net/misc/CVB100.jpg

Kind regards.

From Mike.