Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

When you digitize the tapes could you post them on Archive.org or Youtube with a private link? I say private link in case there are issues with copyright which can be sticky on even some TV commercials. I've maybe seen 2 things converted from Quasar format on Youtube ever.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:19 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

I used one of those units back in the day before i got a VHS deck, Only had one tape for it and re used it a bit. Even fudged a camera to it and me and my G/F.... (ahem) well...

Ah, good times in the 80s...

SR
Old 12-29-2019, 10:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCV82 View Post
When you digitize the tapes could you post them on Archive.org or Youtube with a private link? I say private link in case there are issues with copyright which can be sticky on even some TV commercials. I've maybe seen 2 things converted from Quasar format on Youtube ever.
I can certainly do that, however do not expect miracles, many many of these tapes play with fuzz, horizontal drop outs, and picture issues throughout, largely due to tapes being water damaged, moldy, and improperly stored. So far of the 5 tape (of 25) ive digitized, only one is actually is good condition, the rest are bearable if you're not prone to epilepsy

Thought I was able to track the specific date of at least one tape...September 20 1984.. because there is a WGN news broadcast at the end discussing a sucide bombing in Beirut that day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snip VC120 - WGN news.ts_snapshot_02.11.459.jpg (55.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-08-2020, 02:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nothing really new to update at this point, but I did find an old repair bill when my dad had his VR1000 fixed in the 1983. Does have some interesting things like oem part numbers if anyone every tried to cross-reference. Not a cheap fix though. $233 in 1983 is about $580 now

Attached Images
File Type: jpg quasar bill.jpg (125.4 KB, 15 views)