Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 03:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Dumont C100 Roundie (ETF 2009 Auction Score)

Here's the Dumont C100 that I scored at the Live Auction at the 2009 ETF Convention. Working toward building my roundie collection back up after regrettably having sold some of them a few years ago. That mistake was motivated by grief and some temporary financial hardship, as most here recall.

After moving the set into the house, removing the Horizontal Output tube, and doing a precautionary Soft Start with the Variac, I put the Output tube back in, powered up, degaussed, did touch-up static convergence and a grayscale setup and the set is in what I'll call "above average" working order. As shown, the picture is off-center vertically by about 1-1/2 inches with no means of adjustment since some previous "repair" shop apparently improvised a fix for a bad 10-ohm 2-watt Vert. Centering control by removing the pot and completing the circuit with some fixed resistors. Once I've tracked down a replacement, I'll install it, check IF and Chroma response with the B&K 415, and optimize everything with the GTE/Sylvania CK3000 test rig on the bench before reinstalling the chassis to put the set on permanent display. In this pic, Jamie and I pose with the set at the ETF.

Here are two pics of the set in operation before repair of the Vert. Centering pot issue. I'll probably check with Moyer's first to find the part. Anyone know of any other good sources for a Vertical Centering pot for this set (an RCA CTC-11 clone)?

Last edited by jshorva65; 05-05-2009 at 04:00 AM.